22- Expectation VS Reality

3rd Person POV

Suhana opened her eyes slowly. A pounding sensation shot through her head as she tried to get up. Her head plopped on the pillow again, and a whimper left her mouth. She was rubbing her temple when the foreign surroundings caught all her awareness. 

She blinked a couple of times, and the incidents before she fainted flashed in her mind, causing her to sit up hurriedly. She looked around the room and found all the curtains drawn, and only a nightstand lamp was lit. It was bigger than her cottage's bedroom, darker, and more luxurious.  

Alone in the dimly lit room, she couldn't help but wonder what had happened after Billy delivered Alexander's order. Suddenly, she felt parched and began searching for water nearby. As she stood up and walked towards the door, her attention was drawn to her luggage and other possessions in the closet located in the corner.

Suhana immediately realized that the room she was standing in was the one Alexander had instructed her to move into. Opening the door, she noticed Martha approaching with a food trolley. Martha quickly walked towards her upon seeing Suhana awake and exclaimed,

-"Oh my! You're awake! Why didn't you stay in bed? Poor thing. Let's go inside. You need to eat something and get plenty of rest. The doctor advised so, and it's important that you follow his instructions."

Taking her back inside, she made Suhana sit on the bed and put the trolly in front of her. Sitting beside her, Martha spoke,

-"What happened, Suhana? Were you unwell, dear? Why didn't you tell anyone if you were feeling sick?" she worriedly asked while caressing Suhana's hands.

Suhana remained silent when asked the question. She wondered whether anyone would believe her if she told the truth about her and Alexander. Even if they did, would they have the courage to stand up against the most feared person in the world? She knew they wouldn't. If they hadn't protested against his previous wrongdoings, why would they do it now?

She noticed a glass of water on the trolley and picked it up. As she quenched her thirst, a question occurred to her. She wanted to know how she and her belongings had ended up in this unfamiliar room. After finishing the water, she turned to Martha and asked her for an explanation, to which Martha replied,

-"Dear, you passed out in front of your cottage, and Alex brought you here. He also instructed me to move your belongings. After hearing the news of your fainting, he immediately rushed to your side, showing a great deal of concern. I can't recall ever seeing him this worried for anyone except Sarah," She paused and tried to read Suhana's expression, who was listening to her words in mistrust, "When the doctor arrived to examine you, he was present and carefully listened to what the doctor had to say. Despite the doctor's reassurance that it was not a serious issue, Alex demanded a thorough checkup. Thus, the doctor prescribed some tests for you."

Suhana listened silently to everything while keeping her gaze lowered to the floor. She believed it was also a part of his act. He never has been this kind to her and never will be. Seeing her silent, Martha decided to ask her a question.

-"Suhana, I must ask, is there anything going on between you and Alex? Please don't overthink it. Just tell me the truth. I feel like you have a lot on your mind, but you're keeping it to yourself." Suhana remained silent, unsure whether she should trust Martha and be honest. "How he was acting around you today made me think that...well, we think he likes you!" Martha added, hoping to encourage Suhana to open up." 

As soon as Suhana heard that, her gaze widened at Martha. She parted her lips to clarify that it was their misunderstanding and that the real story was something else, but Marhta cut her.