14- Lies

3rd Person POV

Sitting in his office, Alexander wondered why he felt relieved after seeing that day's CCTV footage. He now knew that Suhana was right to act like that. She did what she did to protect Sarah. 

He went mad after he saw the footage of what Rachel did to his niece. He made sure that Rachel had learned her lesson for treating Sarah like that. He left her alive only because of her son Jesper, or Rachel would have been buried deep down on that very day.

But why he was having pleasant thoughts about Suhana was worrying him now. He's supposed to hate her. He hates her from the beginning. He already has thoughts about Suhana scattered inside his head that are very confusing. Then why this new feeling?

She did what she was hired for. It's her job. He doesn't have to feel the need to appreciate or feel good about her. He never did before for anyone. Then why was Suhana an exception? 

And the fact that she dared to talk angrily in front of Rachel and Sarah bothered him more. No one talks like that with him and she shouldn't have done that too. Suhana's words only added flame to his fiery rage. He understood she was being protective towards his niece but that didn't mean she could talk to him like that.

She could have talked politely without the venom in her voice.

What the hell does she think of herself?

And why was she smiling while looking at Rachel?

But he also saw how Suhana protected Sarah. How she stood there in front of her like a wall, like a mother protecting her child. This made him think Suhana honestly cared for Sarah. She wasn't acting. He was forced to consider it after seeing how Suhana stood against Rachel when no one else was there, and she didn't even know about the cameras in the lobby.

Never in his life had he encountered anything like this. The desire to be with her, to touch her, but also to hate her at the same time. He couldn't get rid of what Suhana said the other day when they were in the basement. How she accepted she loved her fiance.

He was going crazy, and he knew it, but he didn't know what to do. He didn't know how this urge to touch her became so intense. It was like his beliefs were at war with a single thought of Suhana in his arms.

Questions roamed inside his head for hours. He was indulged in deep thoughts when Billy entered his office. Hearing footsteps, Alexander opened his eyes and looked at Billy who had a stern expression on his face.

-"Mehmood called. He's in California and asked where to meet."

As soon as Billy said those words, Alexander leaned forward and rested his arms on the desk.

-"Did he say where the f*ck he was till now?" Alexander growled.

-"He said he had some issues with his wife and her family," said Billy.

-"So he chose to keep me waiting while he was busy f*cking... Nice. Bring him to the confession room and give him a fu*king welcome for thinking he could delay me. Leave him able to speak and wait for me."

Billy nodded and walked out, leaving Alexander infuriated. Mehmood worked for Alexander and used to give information about Niaz to him. Niaz is on the verge of taking over south Asia, which means Alexander has very few people who work there undercover for him.

Mehmood was not taking direct commands from Niaz but was close enough to get information about his plans. It was Alexander who got him out of jail carefully without raising any suspicion. But the fact that Mehmood decided to prioritize his personal life and keep him waiting didn't sit well with Alexander.