13- Sarah

Suhana's outfit of the day

3rd Person POV

The next day was busier than usual. Everyone was occupied with the pool party. The manor was almost empty as every staff was in the cave pool area.

In the morning, Suhana met Jessica and Emily, and they told her how sorry they were for leaving her behind yesterday. They told her that Alexander had ordered them to go without informing her. Suhana understood that they couldn't ignore his orders, especially without knowing what he wanted her there for.

There was only Martha working in the kitchen. She informed Suhana that Sarah needed to be kept away from the crowd as the party would be highly inappropriate for kids.

They both were in Sarah's room for almost 2 hours after she returned from school. Sarah saw a gathering near the cave on her way and was constantly pleading with Suhana to take her to the party regardless of Suhana's refusal.

-"I'm going to use the bathroom. You keep drawing. Don't sneak out. Okay?" Suhana said, and Sarah bobbed her head.

As soon as Suhana was gone, Sarah quickly left the coloring book and pencils and sneaked out. Closing the door behind her triumphantly, she sprinted towards the main door as her loud chuckle filled the corridors. Lost in her thoughts, she felt proud that she could sneak out like a pro. 

Her short legs descending the stairs made it seem she was jumping. Delighted, she failed to notice the figure walking through the main door. 

-"Ahhhh." 

Sarah screamed as she clashed with a wall and fell on her bum as soon as she descended the stairs.

-"WTF! You, little witch! Are you blind? Look what you have done!"

Sarah gaped at Rachel, who glared at her like Dolores Umbridge had gone ballistic.

-"Stand up bitch! See how you spilled the juice and ruined my robe!"

-"I am not blind. You are blind," Sarah argued.

Rachel's eyes became wide like they were about to pop out. 

-"What did you just call me?!" She yanked Sarah by her arm and made her stand up. 

-"It hurts. Let me go!" Sarah said as her lips quivered and tears formed in her eyes.

-"It hurts? If you were not such a troublemaker, then it might not have come to this. Now, I have to teach you a lesson."

-"No. Let me go, or I'll tell Alex." Tears were formed in her eyes by now.

-"How dare you threaten me! You want to snatch Alex from me, don't you? Do you think he'll believe you and leave me?"

-"Yes...yes, 'cause you are a bad person. You hurt people," Sarah said in between her sobs.

-"You've got a smart mouth and a death wish, you little snitch."

-"And you have bad breath and an ugly face and...and you dance like a kangaroo." 

Rachel's mouth was wide open. She raised her hand to hit Sarah, but a rough push caused Rachel to fall on her bum before she could hit her. Sarah hid her face with her hands, anticipating the hit, but it never came. 

She peeked through her little fingers and saw Suhana standing there like a shield while Rachel was on the floor. Sarah instantly hugged Suhana's legs and hid behind her.

-"YOU! WHO THE FU*K ARE YOU?! HOW DARE YOU PUSH ME LIKE THIS?! DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?" Rachel shouted as she got up on her feet and faced Suhana.

-"Try to hurt her again, and you'll see what I am." Suhana threatened, looking directly into Rachel's eyes. Her voice was calm but dipped with rage.