02- A New Journey

Suhana's POV

**2 weeks later**

-"Maa, what about Imran and his family? Did you find them?" I asked and felt my throat getting dry out of tension. They are missing since that day. Police are searching for them but it's like they have vanished into thin air.

-"No dear, but we are searching. Don't worry alright? We'll find them soon In'Sha'Allah," She said while trying to hide the worry in her voice.

-"In'Sha'Allah maa. I pray that too." 

There was nothing else I could do, not from the US at least. I know everyone is doing everything they can to get the situation under control. The only way I can help them is by staying here until everything goes back to normal. My return would cause a lot more drama and none of us are prepared for it.

-"How are you doing there dear? Are you comfortable staying with Feroze Bhai and his family?" Maa asked.

-"Don't worry about me maa. I'm fine. They all are very caring and loving. They don't leave a chance to make me feel comfortable since I told them everything about why I came to the US on such short notice."

-"Alhamdulillah. I Hope Allah makes everything easy for you there. And don't think too much about all the things that happened. It'll only worsen your mood. If possible, get a job. It'll keep you distracted." Maa said and I realized that it's not actually a bad idea.

I have enough savings to stay in the US for at least 2 months without a job. Even if I decide to rent an apartment and live alone. But it is not a matter of financial need right now. It is about keeping myself busy with something.

Moreover, I'm also a US Green Card holder like my parents. This privilege allowed me to travel here quickly. So, I guess can work here too.

-"You're right maa. I can start doing something rather than staying at home all day and thinking. I'll talk to uncle about it." I told maa.

-"Okay, dear. I'll hang up now. Your baba will be home in about 30 minutes. He had called me after his meeting with the lawyer. I'll call you back after he's home."

-"Okay maa. Take care of yourself and baba. Give him my Salam too. Allah Hafez."

-"Allah Hafez my child," with that we hung up the call and I continued crocheting a sweater. 

It was aunty who was making it for her younger daughter Nabila. As I also know how to crochet, I told her that I'll make it. Sitting on the outdoor patio in their backyard, I thought about how this family has become so close to my heart within a span of some days only.

 Sitting on the outdoor patio in their backyard, I thought about how this family has become so close to my heart within a span of some days only

They have done so much for me since I arrived in this country. I tried to help them with their household chores as much as possible. Though they didn't approve of me doing household chores for them at first, I couldn't just sit and enjoy this time like a vacation. I was doing these just like I would do in my house. And also out of courtesy and gratitude. After a couple of days, they also understood it.