21- Identity Unmasked

3rd Person POV

Suhana had been bound to the McAvoy mansion for several months. She never imagined that the mansion would become her prison. However, because of Sarah, today she was finally able to go out into the world, even if it was only for a short period. At least she got some fresh air and got to see the city for a while.

While at Sarah's school, Suhana had a brief meeting with some of Sarah's friends and their guardians. However, the meeting was cut short as the driver kept calling Suhana to return to the car. It turned out that Alexander had instructed the driver to bring Suhana back immediately after dropping Sarah off.

As they made their way back, Suhana gazed contently at the city through the open window before returning to her cage. Although she wanted to cry, she didn't want her view to get blurry while looking at the outside world. Who knew when she would be allowed to leave the mansion again? Even though Sarah had told her to pick her up after school, Suhana couldn't believe that Alexander would actually let her go again. She needed it to happen before she could believe it.

As they drove towards the McAvoy mansion, the car suddenly broke down a few miles away. The driver got out to check the engine and asked Suhana to stay in the car. He was in a hurry to fix the car, fearing the consequences of being late, as Alexander had called him and instructed him to return to the mansion immediately. On the contrary, the delay made Suhana happy as she got to spend a few more minutes outside.

A 'Desi Food Festival' was happening on an open field near where the car broke. The desi songs and the aroma of delicious food hit Suhana's senses, and she instantly started looking for the source. As soon as her eyes fell on the festival area, her hands opened the car door subconsciously, and she stepped out in amusement. 

The driver yelled at her, telling her to sit back inside as he saw her standing on the road. But Suhana could not stop herself. She requested the driver to allow her to go there, and she'd return soon. She only wanted to take a look around the festival. After many requests, finally, the driver agreed and told her to be back in 10 minutes. 

Suhana gave him a bright smile and walked forward. Suddenly, she stopped and turned back. She walked to the driver and asked him to lend her some money as she didn't have any on her at that moment. She told him that she wanted to buy some 'Desi' food as she was craving that after being enticed by its aroma. 

Suhana pleaded repeatedly, like a child, causing the driver to chuckle. He then gave her a $50 note and instructed her to return in 10 minutes. Suhana hurriedly ran towards the festival and found herself surrounded by 'Desi' people. Everywhere she looked, she saw different delicious desi dishes that made her mouth water. But, she reminded herself that she only had 10 minutes and needed to explore the festival as much as possible in that time.

As she walked past the different food stalls, her eyes caught sight of the tray of 'Gol Gappas.' Instantly, her eyes widened in amazement, and her mouth started watering. She forgot about exploring the fest as her focus shifted entirely to relishing the 'Gol Gappas' after so many days. The vendor noticed her restlessness and giggled as she eagerly awaited him to prepare a plate.

Suhana picked up the plate and took a deep breath to take in the delicious aroma of the food. She closed her eyes and took a whole 'Gol Gappa' in one bite, just like every desi girl does. She closed her eyes again, enjoying the taste of the food, a wide smile spreading across her face.

-"Mmmmm... Heaven!" she whispered in between chewing the food in her mouth.

Oblivious to a pair of eyes watching her from afar, Suhana emptied the plate of Gol Gappas within 2 minutes. She didn't care what other people might think of her while eating like that. She wasn't hungry because she had an empty stomach, but because it was Gol Gappa, and she couldn't miss a chance to savor the moment.