01- Runaway Bride

The picture above is how she wears her veil/dupatta but covers more of her hair near the forehead. Also, she keeps her hair always tied in a low bun.

Suhana's POV

-"Shhh... Keep quiet. Suhana dear, you don't have much time. You need to get out of this place and run far away, as fast as you can. Once you think it's safe, contact your Feroze uncle. There's some money, your mobile, and the documents that you need for going out of this country. Now go, dear. Don't waste any more time. They are almost here," my maa told me at a fast speed with teary eyes while I looked at her dumbfounded.

Why do I have to run away from my engagement? From my country? What is going on?

-"Maa, what's happening? Why are you asking me to run away? Where is baba? Where are Imran and his family?"

-"Mehmood, he's here with his men. We don't know how he got to know about your engagement, but he's here now. Your baba and others are trying to talk and hold them downstairs to buy you some time. But I think he won't be able to hold them off for much longer. I don't think Mehmood will back out this time. That's why you need to hurry dear."

Mehmood!

Hearing his name drained all the blood off my face, making my body and mind go numb. He is the nightmare that has wiped my peace for 3 years now.

-"Wh...Where is Imran? Where is everybody? Are they okay?" I asked as soon as I realized that he might also be a target of Mehmood's rage.

-"Imran... he... Mehmood has captured him and his family and taken them somewhere. We don't know where they are," my maa said with sadness and horror plastered all over her face.

My body started shaking hearing this. My fiance, with whom I got engaged 1 hour ago is now missing along with his family. My father and relatives are now facing a danger that occurred 3 years ago, they are facing it in my place.

Dread took over my mind thinking about what can happen if I do not comply with Mehmood's demands this time. He won't think twice before hurting someone, before taking someone's life. again.

Maybe if I had stayed a little longer downstairs with Imran, maybe if I had not come upstairs to use the washroom, then none of this would have happened. Imran and his family wouldn't go missing. My baba and relatives wouldn't have to face Mehmood like they are doing now. But I can change it. I can stop all these and save everyone from getting harmed.

-"No maa. I'm not going anywhere. I can't leave you all like this. He is here for me. If I go to him willingly, he'll stop this chaos." I said with a shaky voice, trying to sound brave.

-"What!? NO! You are not doing any such thing. Listen to me. You are going to go down through that window and leave this city and this country as soon as you can. No matter what happens, don't come back. Go to your Feroze uncle in the US, your baba's childhood friend. I talked with him a while ago and told him you are going to contact him. I couldn't tell him the details now. So once you reach there, tell him everything, okay?" My maa said while cupping my face with her hands.

-"What are you saying maa!? I... I can't... I can't leave you all like this. It has been long enough since I have stayed hidden from Mehmood. No more. I can't risk all your lives. You know what he is capable of. So let me go downstairs. I can't just run away leaving you all in danger," I said. My voice laced with anger and determination to stop all this once and for all.

-"No, you won't. We already lost one child. We can't lose you too. Besides, you are engaged now Suhana," Said my maa, now crying uncontrollably.

-"Yes maa, and my fiance and his family are missing. And do you think I want any harm to reach you and baba? How can you think I'll leave you all behind to distract him while I run away? No maa. I'm going. I don't know what will happen after I get out of this room but maa, I can't stay hidden and let you fight it alone." With that, I stood up from my bed and started walking towards the door.