18- A Hope?

Their Outfit After the Party

3rd Person POV

Suhana, Nahin, Nabila, and Raiyan gathered in the basement just before heading to the home movie theater. They were the only ones present and didn't expect anyone else to join them, since everyone was tired from preparing for the party.

As they were about to enter the theater, Billy, Jessica, Emily, Loren, and Ana joined them. They bought a trolley of snacks filled with popcorn, other food, and drinks. Everyone was excited to watch the movie together. Even though they had seen LOTR before, they were all thrilled to watch it together this time.

 Even though they had seen LOTR before, they were all thrilled to watch it together this time

All of them were sitting in pairs while Suhana sat alone on the left side of the 2nd row. Soon, the lights were dimmed, and the movie LOTR: Return of the King began. Suhana made herself comfortable and concentrated on the movie when she felt the mattress beside her sink. She looked at her side and saw Alexander lying there. She abruptly sat up from lying and removed the blanket from over her.

Alexander kept staring at the screen without even glancing at Suhana, but he was well aware of what she was up to. Suhana looked to her right, noticed an empty bed, and decided to move there without questioning why Alexander was sitting beside her when there were other vacant beds around. She had no intention of initiating a conversation with him.

Suhana was just about to stand up when Alexander suddenly grasped her wrist and pulled her towards him, causing her to fall just inches away from his chest. She looked up at him and saw his narrowed eyes, which made it difficult for her to swallow the lump in her throat. She stared at him with a mixture of horror and confusion while he tenderly gazed back at her in the dimly lit theater.

-"If you try to go and sit anywhere else, I'll kiss you right here in front of everyone," Alexander whispered, his breath fanning Suhana's perplexed face.

Suhana stiffened at his warning. Lowering her horrified gaze from his eyes, she took a moment to contemplate his words. She knew what he could do, and his warning was not empty. She didn't want to draw her family's attention to her situation at the McAvoy mansion. She didn't want anyone to worry for her anymore for anything.

Taking a deep breath, Suhana gulped the lump in her throat and sat beside him again. She pulled her hand from his grip and wrapped herself in the corner of the bed. There was enough gap between them, but this distance also made Suhana feel suffocated. She fixed her eyes on the screen after covering her body with the blanket and pulling her veil lower to cover her face more. 

On the other hand, Alexander smiled, seeing her submissive. He thought she stayed back because he had threatened her family; she had never listened to his other warnings or demands. He had to force her, yet she would fight against his will. It was the 1st time she obeyed his command without talking back. He instantly understood that she kept silent for her family and he was going to take full advantage of her weakness whenever needed.