12- Questions And Answers

3rd Person POV

It has been about a month since Suhana last saw Alexander. He was there when Mr. Feroze and his family visited. But as if he had disappeared after that day. Suhana would hear Martha and others talking about how late he returns home at night and leaves early.

Alexander tried to busy himself more with his work. He kept tabs on Suhana but didn't confront her for anything. All he wanted was for his sanity to return to how it was before he kissed her. 

He knew that he didn't have any feelings for her. He can't. He believed it was only an addiction that was driving him crazy. So, he decided to spend more time outside the manor to keep his demon in control.

He had carefully scheduled his time so he didn't have to see her. He visited Sarah once daily when she was asleep or when Suhana was not around. Even if he was at home, he had limited his movement inside the manor. 

Only his study and bedroom were the places he'd keep himself confined. However, every time he entered his room or shower, that memory caused him to be restless. No matter how much he tried, he couldn't accept that she denied his touch. 

He wanted to get her immediately whenever that memory crossed his mind. Erasing her taste from his mouth was becoming impossible for him. He started clubbing regularly, hoping to find something new, something more addictive than Suhana. 

But sleeping with random girls whom he brought home from the club didn't help either. Nothing was working in his favor. His urge to relieve that moment inside the shower increased every day.

Suhana was feeling a little less nervous and scared in his absence. She knew the threat was still there, but she was grateful to Allah that he was away, busy with his work. This gave her time to try to live normally each day, even if she was still living on his property.

She thought of running away but gave up that thought soon because she knew he'd find her. Her parents call her every day, updating her about the situation there. Everything remained the same as when she left them. It also made her follow Alexander's orders of not leaving until she saw any hope. 

After Billy's confession, she stayed distant from Martha and Robert for a few days. Martha, however, noticed the change in her. When Billy told Martha and Robert that Suhana knew about them, Martha decided to talk to her about it. 

She went to Suhana and tried to make her believe that no matter what Suhana thought about them, she'll always love and care for her as she did from the very first day. She wanted their friendship to be like before.

Eventually, Suhana understood that even if Martha, Robert, and Billy were working for the mafia, they were genuinely harmless and caring towards her. She couldn't trust them but knew she feared Alexander more than she feared them now.

Like every other day, Suhana entered the kitchen to have her breakfast after sending Sarah to school. Jessica and Emily were there talking with each other. She greeted them as she took a seat by the kitchen island.

-"Good morning."

-"Booooring morning," Emily whined.

-"Why boring?"

-"Because our merciless Martha and Ruthless Robert left just now. The husband and wife are gone shopping and will be back after lunch, leaving us to rot here out of boredom while they enjoy...huh" Emily scoffed.

-"Emily! Geez. Stop whining already. They are not merciless and ruthless. And they are a couple, for Christ's sake. What would you do tagging along? Hold their shopping bags? Cause I bet Robert is going to buy Martha loads of stuff. After all, it's their anniversary tomorrow. They took a day off today because they'll be busy with the cave pool party tomorrow, and also, they deserve this break," Jessica was totally irritated.