20- Uncertainty

3rd Person POV

What would a person do when faced with choices they can't make? The thought and love for someone or something so profound and unexplainable makes a person able to make those difficult decisions. For Suhana, it was her family. She didn't know where her fate would take her from when she agreed to stay behind. But she was sure of one thing: she would not let anyone share her miseries. 

Suhana was not feeling herself, her mind lost in oblivion. When she informed her family two days ago that she was not leaving with them, the shock was visible all over their faces. She told them she could not leave Sarah behind suddenly and would stay there until Alexander found another suitable caretaker. She knew her parents would not object if she stayed behind for Sarah.

She lost herself in uncertainty when she bid goodbye to her family. She didn't know what was going to happen to her now. Though Alexander was mainly busy these two days, she knew he could appear anytime before her, and she was neither prepared nor willing to experience his intentions.

Escaping from him was impossible because Suhana knew very well what he was capable of doing. There was no place in the world where she could go to hide from the mafia king, at least not without someone's help. There was no one whom she could ask for help. She couldn't trust anyone. Even though Billy and others have always been nice to her, they would choose Alexander over her anytime, and she knew it very well. She could not go away from someone who was beyond the laws and regulations of the world unless that person freed her himself. 

But she had faith in Allah more than anything. She knew Allah was putting her through misery now for a better tomorrow. Never in life has she lost hope in her Creator, and she never will, till her last breath. She wouldn't sin taking her own life, no matter what she faced. If she were to be killed by Alexander, so be it. She believed Alexander's wrongdoings would also be judged one day. It was just a matter of time. 

Alexander was delighted at Suhana's decision. Destroying her courage and hopes again was a boost to his ego. The pleasure he got from seeing her breaking apart was more than handling the tension he was facing in his business then. His informant in Niaz's gang sent him a message that Niaz was in the US for a short business trip. 

The finalization of any of Niaz's business deals meant a defeat for Alexander, who was now on his own land. He was aggrieved with the news and informed his men to find out who dared to make a deal with Ivan's rival. He would cut that piece of sh*t into pieces and feed him to stray dogs who dared to overcross him.

It was the first time in Alexander's gang that everyone noticed how different and less agitated he was behaving, even after hearing the news of Niaz's arrival. They wondered what might have caused the change, as he would wreak havoc whenever it came to Niaz being anywhere near Alexander or his empire. But they also knew that it was the silence before a storm. The calmer the air is, the more destructive the storm will be.

Alexander was frustrated that when he finally decided to fulfill his desire with Suhana, Niaz entered the situation, disrupted his plans, and caused him to divert his attention from her. He was annoyed, thinking how something could always come up exactly when he wanted to claim Suhana. He wanted to take his plans into action the day her parents left, but he hasn't even been able to see her since. Hearing the news from his informant, he rushed to his other office, where he manages his mafia business and has been staying there for the past two days. 

The following day, Alexander left for the mansion after instructing his men to inform him if there was any news of Niaz and his whereabouts. It is enraging for him already that he doesn't know what Niaz looked like, yet he managed to compete with Ivan where no one would even think of it. Alexander knew Niaz or anyone else could never stand before his empire and power. But what surprised him was that someone had the nerve to challenge him, the biggest mafia in the world. He wanted to see that person at any cost.