- 31 - Treatment for your heart

Beginne am Anfang

"Of course! If Akk feels better with you by your side, you can. Can I ask for your name?"

"Chonlatee."

"I see, you are the one who called me about Akk's condition. Akk, do you want Chonlatee to join us?" He nodded and I smiled. She let us sit on a comfortable couch while she was sitting on an armchair.

"Would you like something to drink before we start?" I felt a little thirsty and asked for two glasses for water. Akk could feel thirsty later as well. She was very emphatic and we waited for her to come back.

"What do you think, Akk... will you be able to open up?"

"I think I will... I feel like talking to two friends, I don't feel uncomfortable at all." I was glad about it. Not everyone is able to say something on their first session.

She came back with two glasses of orange juice.

"I'm sorry, boys, for not getting you the water but I thought a juice could make you feel better." She was right, juice is sweet which helps to lighten the mood I'd say.

"Thank you very much." Akk and I said and she nodded. Then she grabbed a pen with a notebook.

"So Akk, we still don't know each other and I'd be glad if you talked to me on your own... perhaps there is something you'd like to ask about me." He gulped.

"Y-you seem very young... how long do you work as a therapist?" She didn't seem to be insulted by this question.

"Five years... I may look younger but I'm thirty, there's nothing you need to worry about when it comes to my qualification. Anything else?"

"I... I see a ring on your finger." She gently giggled.

"That's right. I've been engaged for quite a while to my girlfriend." We both looked at each other. It's still rare for us to find people like us.

"You seem quite shocked by it... are you not feeling comfortable about this?"

"We are! We are! Actually... Chonlatee and I've been dating for five months!"

"I could feel it. Chonlatee, I must praise you for caring about your boyfriend like this. Not everyone can support their beloved ones in this kind of situation. Therapy is still taboo for a lot of people in our country..."

"I just want to let you know that I didn't force Akk into it! I'd never do that!" She wrote something into her notebook.

"I see, that's great. Your relationship with each other is really admirable and inspiring for a lot of couples. Akk, can I ask, what would you like to talk about today? We can talk about your relationship with Chonlatee who's here with us or is there something urgently bothering you right now?" Akk gently nodded and tightly gripped my hand.

"I'd like to talk about my high school..." she paid him her whole attention, "maybe you heard about the problems in the Suppalo high school..."

"I did... a lot of students from that place come to me or my colleagues as well... you can continue."

Akk told her about everything that was causing him a lot of stress. About his nightmares that he isn't good enough, teacher Chadok shouting at him, about his panic attacks and anxiety when he had started having feelings for me. He told her how his school was against it so he felt like a criminal just for liking a boy like me. He also told her about P'Ton which seriously shocked her...

"Chon... may I ask how long was this behavior lasting? If you noticed some toxicity from his side..." I was lost in my thoughts... after he returned, he changed completely. He wasn't nice to me anymore but I was blind.

"Since the start of my life in college... do you think it's my fault for letting him hurt Akk?" She wasn't thinking that, I was.

"You should answer that question, Chon. Do you think it's your fault?" I gulped. She was able to get everything out of us.

"Yes..."

"Chon! You know it's not!" I didn't look at Akk this time. I was still feeling guilty for letting it happen.

"Why do you think Tonhon did it?" She was writing something again.

"I-I brought Akk to our condo and didn't tell P'Ton about it which made him mad... before that, he confessed his feelings to me but I didn't take it seriously... he has never shown a sign of affection towards me in that way so I didn't believe him that time when I was already seeing Akk."

"If he truly loved you, he wouldn't hurt you by hurting your lover... he would respect your feelings towards someone else... but I know it's hard to blame the person you were so close with."

"I felt so backstabbed... I've never done anything wrong to him and respected his life full of girls... I could not believe it..." I came to support Akk but in the end I broke down as well. It still hurts, so much that I'm glad P'Ton won't be in my life anymore. It's not easy to heal the wound.

"You both are so strong. Carrying this burden on your shoulders but still coming here and sharing it with me. Not to mention, you both are being each other's support which is really important in a relationship. One hour just passed but I hope you won't stop coming here. It takes a long time to cure what you went through but the support of others can help it. Chonlatee, could you stay for a minute longer?" Akk got what she meant and thanked her for her time. Then he left to the waiting room.

"What is it that you can't share it in front of Akk?"

"Oh, don't be scared. It's nothing serious. I'd be just glad if you kept an eye on Akk's anxiety and perhaps panic attacks... if there's a time when it will be happening too often, it'd be better for Akk to visit a psychiatrist for medication. Having a panic attack in traffic or in the car with no one else around could be dangerous but just when you ignore the problem." I nodded and promised her to take care of it. I was glad that nothing like this happened after the system in Suppalo changed but that doesn't mean it won't happen again...