- 16 - Our protectors

{Chonlatee's POV}

Once we came back to the condo, I started packing my things.

"Chon... you don't have to do this because of me..."

"I want to, Akk! I don't want to live with someone like him! I'll talk to my mom as well, maybe she'd lend me some money to rent a flat!" I was throwing all of my favorite clothes in my suitcase.

Miriam must have heard us and rushed to the room to see what happened.

"Chon? Why are you packing your clothes?" I stopped packing and looked at her.

"P'Ton is a freaking traitor! I have to move out, Miriam!" I shouted and cried at the same time.

"What did that jerk do to you?" She asked coldly and I told her everything.

"That mother-f**ker!! Just wait till he comes back! I'll use all of my moves on him!" I giggled and she helped me with packing.

"Miriam, does your therapist still take clients?" She looked at Akk as if she knew the reason for my question.

"Definitely, she's very kind. I can tell her about you."

"That'd be great... thank you." She smiled.

"But maybe you could stay with Pang for now so you don't have to go too far to the college." It didn't occur to me.

"You are right, I could call her."

"I'm sure she'd let both of you stay at her place." She winked at me and I blushed.

Then I found her number on my phone and called her.

"Pang?"

"What's up, my ex-best friend?"

"Oh come on, don't be like this... I'm very sorry for ignoring you..."

"Okay, I'll stop being dramatic. What do you need?"

"How did you-?"

"I have an intuition... and I heard you shouting at Ton." Even she heard it...

"So you understand I don't want to live with him anymore."

"Sure, you don't yell at anyone for no reason so I can get the idea he acted like an asshole again. Wanna stay with me? I'm so lonely here with my posters of my favorite actors..."

"And could Akk go with me? You know, since his friends got together... he'd be a third-wheeler in the dorm."

"Definitely! I'd sleep even on my couch if it means saving my ship! I'm gonna prepare the room for you two then." She's so amazing.

"See, I told you. And I'll call you later about the therapist. And don't worry, I won't make it easy for that jerk." I loved those girls.

"Thanks! We are almost done with packing." She hugged both of us and then left the room.

"Your girl friends are really something else."

"Right? Thank God, P'Nai and P'Ai brought her here. It was so funny in the beginning when they pretended that they were in a polyamory relationship, I tell you."

"So that's why she said the thing about her boyfriends dating each other!"

"Exactly... I'll definitely miss these three. But at least I'll see P'Nai and P'Ai in college..."

We had all of our thing packed but when we were going downside, P'Ton, P'Nai and P'Ai were already back but the atmosphere between them seemed hostile.

"Miriam told us what you did! How could you do that?!" P'Nai shouted.

"I told you, that guy can't be trusted. I just wanted to protect Chon."

"You call this protection?! Aren't you just jealous because Chon is not standing behind your ass all the time?!"

"Why would I be jealous? I just did what I had to as his best friend-." P'Nai couldn't hold back and pounched him.

"Nai, dear, calm down."

"No, Hon! I need to teach him a lesson or we could not be friends anymore!" P'Ton smirked.

"And where would you live? You already struggle with paying your share of this condo-." P'Nai pushed him so hard that he fell on the ground and was throwing punches at him one by one.

"Nai! That's enough!" P'Nai calmed down when P'Ai hugged him from behind and Miriam screamed when she came to the room.

"Boys! If you want to fight, do it outside!"

"No freeloader will tell us, what to do!" P'Ton shouted coldly and Miriam was even more upset.

"You want another!"

"Nai! Stop!" P'Ai had a hard time holding P'Nai.

I decided to come down among them and finally end it.

"Guys, I'm moving to my friend's condo so I'll be seeing you just in college. I'll really miss you, P'Nai, P'Ai and Miriam but I hope we'll stay in contact. They smiled and nodded.

"Chon, do you really want to cut ties with me after so many years?" I frowned at him.

"What you did made it much easier for me and all the happy moments we spent together turned to ash. I hope I won't have to see you again besides college..." He looked in shock at me with his swollen red face and black eye.

"Ahh, let me at least hug you two!" Miriam approached us and wrapped her hands around our necks.

"P'Nai, P'Ai, join us!" They smirked and grouphugged us as well.

She even shed tears for us and then we called a taxi to drive us to Pang.

"It'll be fine, Akk. I'll make sure of it!" I intertwined my fingers with his in the car and he finally looked less stressed.