Chapter Forty-Two

"Hi, Will" Demetria's voice said, from behind him.

Will stood up and turned around, Bell and Demetria smiled.

"You two made up?" Will asked.

Bell looked at her sister who was shaking her head.

"No, but there are bigger things on the table. We have come to help you save Ava"

Will smiled, "Great! I could use help. I think that Damon has given up, I haven't seen him in a few days"

Bell smirked. "Classic Damon"

Will nodded and rolled his eyes.

"I was thinking, I could sift through some minds and maybe someone will say where Ava's soul is hidden" Bell said.

Demetria nodded.

"That could help, why don't you go to the castle and pretend to talk to Ava and sift. I suspect the woman in the hood or her other loyal dog, Elizabeth will know something" Will instructed.

"I am on it!" Bell touched her sisters' shoulder, and walked out of the church.

"What do we do?" Demetria asked.

"We wait for Bell to return with useful information"

They took a seat on one of the benches, side by side.

"You still love her?" Demetria asked.

"I do, it never went away. Just a temporary cloud when Bell gave me that potion"

"Yeah. That was pretty stupid of her, it will take me awhile to forgive her"

Will nodded.

"You still think you will get to be king?"

Will shrugged. "Maybe. How things stand now, it could be Damon or me. When Ava's soul is retuned. We will see"

Demetria smiled, "Well I hope she picks you"

Will nodded, praying she would.

Bell made her way to the castle. She heard a wolf howl in the distance. She pushed to walk faster, breaking into a run. She could see the castle; it wasn't far ahead. She kept racing towards it, as the howling got closer. She turned slightly, a wolf on her heels. Mason, she knew that wolf from anywhere.

She reached the doors and pushed through them, leaving Mason outside. She gathered her breath.

"You! What are you doing?" A guard demanded.

"I wish to see the queen"

"The queen is busy! Leave now or I will throw you in the dungeon"

"It is important, please" Bell bagged.

Heels approached. "Kenneth! No need to threaten the girl" Elizabeth laughed.

This girl is all light, I can feel it in her. What could she possibly want with the queen? It must be a trap. Bell's mind was filled with the woman's thoughts.

"I wish to talk to the queen; I have a message from her about a pack that could be loyal to her"

"A pack?"

Bell nodded. "Yes, my pack, I have been sent to offer ourselves to the queen"

Bell was not a wolf, but maybe a small lie would buy her time. Mason howled outside.

Bell smiled, without him knowing he had just helped her lie.

"My pack is outside; I have been selected to speak with the queen"