Chapter One

Ava Simmons tossed and turned forcefully in her sleep. She let out a scream and shot up in a cold sweat. She had this dream almost every night for the past year.

She was running through a forest with a wolf chasing her. The forest was limitless, gloomy, and primal. Swooping branches clung to a couple of trees, and a medley of flowers, which grew in a sprinkled and disorderly fashion, catching the attention in the otherwise dark green backdrop. A variation of animal noises, most belonged to birds and insects, brightened up the forest, and were backed by the rustling of the leaves and branches of the tree tops in the wind.

Ava running as fast as she could, running over the flowers and fallen leaves. Her body aching as she ran, dirt lifted around her, clinging to her. Blonde straight hair flying behind her in. Her dress red covers her shoulders entirely and flows down into a fancy scoop neckline. It's a close fit which emphasizes her breasts. Below the waist the dress widens and in a symmetric draped style. She's wearing ballerina flats, which adds simplicity and elegance, that just peep out as she lifts her feet.

She didn't have anywhere to turn. Then before the wolf attacked her; white teeth snarling, and fur as black as night, mangled and rough. Paws that were bigger than a human hand. Brown piercing eyes, glowing in the moonlight. The ground shaking his paws as he ran.

Ava ran right into a man, standing right in her path, unable to stop she crashed into him. He held his ground and picked her up in his strong arms. She looked upon his face, his handsome bold face. Brown hair, worn short, but still moved in the light breeze. Charming brown eyes, and a Smooth skin delightfully compliments his eyes, and thin mouth. He ran, carrying Ava in his arms, she was entranced with him, he was handsome.

The forest faded, reveling a yellowed grassy field stretching on forever, and the isolation of a lone church, hiding in the tall grass. Moss growing on the gray roof and brown cross, loose on its perch, slightly moving in the wind. Tiny windows, covered in dirt and a few with cracks. White wood siding, faded with the elements and the underkeep. Painted chipped door, with a broken cross.

"Keep quiet" the man spoke in a manly deep voice.

He ushed her into the door, she could hear the wolf, tailing them. Howling. He reached the She could hear the wolf scratching and howling. It was dark, the floor was hard, and cold. It smelled musky, and old. Light barely could get though the dirty windows, the faint light that found its way through the dirt cracks, casted shadows of the trees, and the grass.

Ava shot up, glancing around her room, it was dark, the objects holding their shape in the dark. The bright city glistening in the dark, her room glowing in the dark. Window wide open, she could see the full moon, the stars faded from the bright city lights.

Ever since the accident a year ago; It was a storming night, the rain fell hard against the car windows, thunder bolted across the dark skies. Mother kept telling Father to go slower. Ava sat in the back seat, wishing she hadn't tried to sneak out to the party. If only she had obeyed, she wouldn't have gotten caught and her parents wouldn't be driving, and fighting in the front. The thunder pounded loudly, causing Ava to jump. But that's what fifteen years olds do right? Sneak out, get caught.

The car started to hydroplane across the road, and honking echoed around. The car felt like it was flying, rolling across the road. The last time Ava's parents were alive. Ava was in the hospital for a few weeks, with a minor head injury, broken rib, and leg. But she was the only who in that car who lived that night.

When Ava was released from the hospital, she was put in care of her aunt Molly, her mother's sister.

Molly was career focused, starting out as a doctor. She lived alone, in a two-bedroom red brick house in the city, two blocks from the hospital, where she spent most of her days, saving lives. She was barely home, even more so after the accident, her mind was occupied with her work, and the only place where she wasn't reminded of the loss of her sister. She did what she could for Ava, drowning in her own grief and having no idea, let alone the time to care for a teenager. Pushing her away, and giving her a therapist. Thinking that she would be able to help Ava a lot more then she could. She didn't have the answers for her and she couldn't be the support she needed. She worked harder at her job, without taking any days off. Pushed her own pain away and tired to forget about it.