Chapter Twelve

A few weeks went by, still stuck in this high school life.

Cali smiled at Damon as he walked beside Ava holding her hand tightly in his. He gave her a smirk back but didn't say anything.

"I can't believe you thought he was weird" Cali whispered.

"You thought I was weird?" Damon questioned looking down at Ava.

He still hadn't gotten over how pretty she was, he wondered if he ever would.

Even out of every girl in the school, no girl compared to Ava in his mind.

Ava smiled blushing, "Well a bit, but not anymore"

Damon smiled and kissed Ava's cheek, "Maybe, I was a bit weird" He whispered.

Ava smiled and squeezed Damon's hand tighter.

Maria sat down on the throne picturing herself queen. A violet rug splits the entire room in half from the doors to the throne while forked banners with adorned tapestries cover parts of the walls. Between each banner stands a large candlestick, none but a few have been lit

High, colored glass windows are edged by drapes colored the same violet as the banners. The curtains have been adorned with jewels and gilded linings.

Maria pictured it it lit and filled with maids, ushering at her every command.

She loved visiting the castle. She smiled to herself; this was everything she wanted. She had it all right in front of her, it was all coming together and falling on to her lap.

"You're getting more excited, aren't you?" Will asked.

"Yes" Maria smiled.

"Glad to hear, but we should be on our way now. The people would like to meet their new queen"

Maria opened her eyes and glanced at Will, hoping she could fool the town people as good as she has fooled him.

"You think they will like me?" Maria asked taking Wills hand

"They will love you" Will smiled kissing her forehead and then her lips.

Maria smiled, "I hope so"

"I know so. If I can love you then so will they" Will kissed Maria lips again and held her close to him.

"You love me?" Maria asked, almost feeling sad that she didn't love him back.

"Yes, you caught that" Will blushed

Maria knew that Ava would love Will back and since she was her now, she would have to.

"Yeah, I did" she smiled

"Ava, do you love me?" Will whispered.

"I do" Maria lied.

Will got down on his knee and took a small blue box out jacket pocket, he opened it reveling a glisten white diamond princess cut ring with a gold band.

Maria gasped and covered her mouth.

"Ava Simmons, Will you marry me?" Will smiled

Maria knew her answer had to be yes. There was no other answer she could say, not because she wanted to, she didn't need him. His death would just have to be added to his plans.

"Yes Will, yes!" she smiled

Will placed the diamond ring on her ring finger. He got this feet and put his arms around her kissing her excitedly.

Maria hugged him tightly as she thought of how she could force him to inject Goldervain, knowing the insistent they said the words I do; she would be blessed with the curse to be queen forever.