Chapter Twenty-Seven

Ava looked up at him, eyes wide.

"No!" She said amazed.

"Yes, this is ours, I brought it"

Ava face lit up. Damon grabbed her and picked her up in her arms, their faces leveled. He kissed her and she pushed his hair out of his face.

"For real?" She asked.

He nodded. "Want to know the best part?"

Ava nodded excitedly. She couldn't believe Damon had done this.

"If we stay here, we will age. I have always wanted to age"

"Really? We can age together, you and me" she said.

Damon nodded. "Yes, Arcadia is cursed, but here, there is no curse; Therefore, I am able to age"

Ava put her arms around Damon's neck. He walked with her in his arms showing her the cute little bathroom, with white painted walls. Gray and white tiles filled the ground. It an open stand-up shower with light brown tiles. The sink had a large beautiful golden mirror overlooking it. White box-like shelfs on the wall, empty, waiting to be filled.

He carried her into the bedroom. There was a small window with the black blinds printed with a swirl pattern drawn. The walls were wallpapered in a gray with mint wildflowers. A beautiful white and gold bedroom set. The closest was open, showing a walk-in closet, already stocked with clothes.

"Damon, I love it! it is so perfect"

"I am so happy you love it. I saw it and thought that it was us" Damon set her down on her feet. He lifted her chin, their gaze met. "We are going to be happy here, no more fighting. No more wolf. Just me and you a happy couple" He kissed her lips lightly.

"I can't believe you did this. I love you, Damon! This is amazing" Ava screaming reaching her arms out over their hands. She kissed his cheek quickly three times. Damon was pleased with himself. He was happy that he had made Ava happy. He hoped that this was their chance to be happy. He could put the wolf behind him, and just have her and their perfect little house.

Will walked back into Arcadia, bruised and covered in blood. His clothes so ripped they were barely hanging his damaged body. His skin covered in black dirt, his hair ungroomed and out of place. He had barely made it out of the cave alive. On his way back, he was attacked several times, but he won the fights and kept going. His whole body ached with pain. He walked into beach, there he could see the Warriors, they turned to look at him. Shock and amazement filled their faces.

They started whispering among each other; But stopped when Will spoke.

"Here is your stone" Will said.

He took the stone out of his sword holder, and handed it to Noah.

Without another word Will walked away. He walked until he got to the church. He didn't say anything to the pastor as he walked by. He took off the pieces of clothing, and got into a cool bath. The water felt nice on his wounds. He leaned against the edge of the bath embracing this moment. If he could feel this would be the greatest feeling he had felt in weeks. No more dragons or evil creatures, just him. His body started to feel less sore and tense. He washed the dirt away from his skin and washed the filth from his hair. He was clean, so clean finally. He didn't look like he had just walked out of a war. He looked like a human again. He cared for his wounds, fixing them and bandaging them up best he could. He needed a healer, mostly for his leg, it already was starting to get infected.

Will laid on his bed. He took a deep breath. He opened his eyes, looking at the ceiling. There was nothing, he didn't feel relaxed or happy to be home, even glad to be laying on his bed and not some cold hard ground. All he could feel was numbness and the pain of his wounds. Night fell, Will fell asleep with nothing but a blank mind. He didn't dream, he didn't move he just slept hard until morning came and he awoke.