Chapter Thirteen

Damon sat on Ava's bed as he waited for her to return from the kitchen. He felt such a relief being in away from Acadia. He was able to pretend he was just another normal human. He liked having Ava all to himself and not have her thinking about Will, and slowly falling for him more and more each day. She trusted him, and wasn't always scared he would kill her. Maybe this was better, they could live happily here.

"Damon, I brought you some sprite, you like it right?" Ava said entering the room with two sprite cans in her hands.

Damon smiled, "Of course"

Ava smiled and handed him one. He nodded and took a sip.

Damon put his can on the nightstand and reached his hand out to Ava's she took a quick sip and let him put hers on the nightstand beside his.

He looked over at her closely beside him and smiled, slowly leaning in to kiss her. He put his arm around her tighter as their lips interlocked. He could feel his heart pounding in his chest and his mind racing with a million thoughts. Ava smiled forcing Damon to stop kissing her pulling away, he stroked his hand down her check and brushed his finger over her lips. He wanted her, to feel her soft skin brushing against his, hands creasing her body, cupping her under his large hands. He wanted her badly, he ached to have her.

"I could never get enough of that Damon"

Ava said, though Damon's kisses.

"I don't want you to ever get enough of it" Damon smiled and kept kissing her all the way down until he was pushing away her hair and touching his lips to her neck.

Ava rolled over and put her head on Damon's chest.

"It's so weird I feel like I know you" Ava whispered

"You do know me" Damon laughed.

"No like before. I don't know it's weird"

"Maybe you did in another life" Damon smiled, kissing the top of her head.

"You really believe in that kind of stuff?"

"Maybe, I don't know"

Ava closed her eyes and let herself fall asleep in Damon's arms.

He watched her fall asleep, she looked so peaceful and happy.

His heart grew for her, twinging with love for her.

Ava walked through an old church; walked through a run-down church, Paint chipping walls, dirt covered windows. Broken cross on the roof.

Inside window on the ceiling dance in the flickering light upon the brown wood floor, highlighting the dirt crusted in the floor. A big wooden cross high hanging from the ceiling. while banners soaked in dirt, and grime, gently from the walls. Between each banner candles with lit white candles illuminated, portraits of folk heroes and legends below them. Rows of light brown benches facing the cross perfectly lined. The windows caked in dirt.

She glanced around trying to understand where she was. She felt like she had been here before, it seemed like a memory.

"Can I help you?"

Ava jumped at the sound of the man's voice behind her, she turned around to look at him.

He was the pastor of the church, in his hands a black book.

"I am not sure, I well, wait, where am I?"

The man smiled.

"The church" the man smiled. "You should leave now, before she comes back. She would kill you if she saw you here"

"Who would kill me?" Ava asked.

"The queen, she doesn't like strangers on her island"

"But I don't think I am a stranger; I think I was here before"

"You should leave now; it won't be long till she finds out. She has eyes everywhere!"

The church started to vanish and the man faded.

Ava opened her eyes and shot up, Damon sat up and put his hand on her back.

"What's wrong?"

Ava looked at Damon, looked into his eyes.

"Just a dream"

Damon rubbed her back, and kissed her cheek. Her red stone necklace around her neck, Damonn picked it up, he took a deep breath. As much as he wished they could stay, they couldn't. Maria would soon be queen and ruin everything. Ava was meant to be queen and he had to do what was right.

He took a deep breath again.

The room started to spin and Ava closed her eyes.

"Were going home Ava, it's okay"