Congratulations || Chapter 118

Start from the beginning

"I will, see you later." I said as I took the necklace off and placed it on the table near by.

"I love you!" He spoke making sure I heard him causing a smile to form on my lips as I looked at him still focused on whatever he was going.

"I love you too!" I spoke with that stupid smile I could never get rid of when he was around me. Right after that I left and went on about my day until it was time to finally get my doctoral degree. I've gotten so far from that girl I once was and truthfully without Luca I wouldn't have been here.

As I accepted my diploma I smiled brightly, shaking the deans hand along with several other people and posing for pictures making sure to look at Luca where he stood rooting for me and taking pictures like he always did. I loved seeing that proud smile on his face whenever I achieved something or stuck to it like my studies. The sight always almost brought me to tears that I had such a cheerleader on my side.

The moment the ceremony finished I immediately went to find the man of my dreams. A smile formed on my lips when I saw him searching for me as well. The moment he spotted me his smile widened as he came for me as if no one else was in the room, though if I'm being truthful every time I locked eyes with Luca everyone else just disappeared. I squealed in excitement when his arms wrapped around my waist and he picked me up spinning us around.

"That's my girl!" Luca placed me on my feet and gave me a knee melting kiss like always.

When he spoke those words they beamed of pride and joy which made me get butterflies like always. He gave me a bouquet of my favorite flowers and kissed my cheek before asking someone to take our picture. My happiness couldn't show any less than it did now. My cheeks hurt from genuinely smiling so hard.

"My feet hurt." A fake pout took over my lips as he let out a short chuckle. Luca shook his head slightly before placing a kiss on the tip of my nose and picking me up bridal style. I was definitely a blushing mess.

     Once in the car my heels immediately came off and I rubbed my feet feeling so relieved. Luca got into the car and as he drove he made sure to hold a hand of mines and kiss it from time to time as he caressed it. We arrived home and as I watched my bare feet, my hero came to the rescue and pulled out a pair of flats from the back seat giving them to me. We kissed and Luca came around to open my door. We settled into each other so easily that it just added to my security of thinking he was the man for me. Luca opened the house door after helping me out and the moments I flicked the lights on I almost peed myself.

"Surprise!" Everyone had shouted in union causing me to slightly stumble back at the shock.

     Estrella was here with her boyfriend, Lorenzo and his partner were here, a couple colleagues and just people we considered family were around causing my smile to grow as I turned to face Luca. He stood behind me with a shy smile causing his adorable face to look even more adorable. After giving him a kiss and thanking him I started greeting everyone and dividing my time evenly until I inevitably ended up spotting Estrella. 

"There's the grad!" Estrella beamed happily as she hugged me tightly.

"Hey." I smiled once we pulled back and right after we started talking about everything under the sun.

     It had been a while that we'd been conversing for which led me to be oblivious to the silence that fell upon us. Once I had noticed though it was hard to not feel weird. Along with the silence I looked around and everyone's expressions were a little creepy. When my eyes went back to Estrella who had fallen silence with a weird look on her face I knew something was up.

"What?" The confusion in my voice and on my face was definitely noticeable. Everyone staring weirdly was just making me uneasy.

"I...why are they staring? And why are you looking at me like that?" I whispered to Estrella and she chuckled before placing her hands on my shoulder and turning me around.