Chapter 12

"Did you made dinner?", Taehyung asked parking car near the walkway. "Thought of making ramen.", Jungkook said. "Mm. Wait then.", he said and went outside. Jungkook was confused as he sat on the car and turned the volume of the music a little higher and turned back and saw Gukkie throwing his hands up and down in excitement. "You love this song?", he asked his son. After a few minutes, Taehyung came back with few street foods. He opened the door of passenger seat. "Hold it. I will park the car near to that tree.", Taehyung said and shut the door and went to driver seat and parked the car.

He then stepped out and took Gukkie, Jungkook also stepped out holding the food. Taehyung took food from his hand and kept it on the driver seat and gave Gukkie to Jungkook, then fold the back seat and open the trunk. He took the sleep bag from the trunk and spread it. "Come. Give him to me.", Taehyung said and made Gukkie sat on top folded sleeping bag. He went back and took the food and sat one side and tapped the other side asking Jungkook to come. Jungkook was watching everything till then and he also joined Taehyung and Gukkie. Taehyung gave him potato tower and took a fish cake for himself. Gukkie started showing his grabby hands to momma after seeing the stick he is holding. Taehyung smiled seeing how Gukkie is crawling to Jungkook. "Hold on tiggie. I have something for. Mm.. Here.", Taehyung said and gave two washed strawberry in his hand. But the boy took it both in his both hands and immediately threw one somewhere and again showed his tiny grabby hands at momma. Jungkook laughed seeing that. "You can't eat it Gukkie. You will fall sick.", Jungkook said. Gukkie's tiny lips wobbled seeing his momma denying his little hands. Taehyung bite his lips seeing his goofy ball.

"Hold it. He won't allow me to eat it.", Jungkook said and gave it to Taehyung and he moved a little back, more inside the trunk and took Gukkie and laid him on his lap. He unzipped his jacket and pushed his tees aside and lead Gukkie to his nips. Gukkie immediate latched his tiny lips on his momma's bud. Jungkook smiled and covered him with jacket. Taehyung was looking at Jungkook's every movement with an awe. "Give.", Jungkook said and took the potato tower from him and started eating it. "I didn't know being a mom is challenging.", Taehyung said looking at Jungkook. Jungkook smile a little and looked ahead. "It's easy to find fault in everything, Tae.", Jungkook said. Taehyung looked down at his lap. "Sorry Jungkook for blaming you when things went wrong. Mm. With Gukkie.", Taehyung said. Jungkook smiled shaking his boba head looking straight into other's hazel eyes.

They sat there enjoying the silence looking at the night view with cold breeze. Jungkook's eyes were shining like stars in night and Taehyung was lost in star gazing. Taehyung smiled a little. "Do you remember the last time we went on a night drive?", Taehyung asked. "Mm.. on our college fest. First and last time.", Jungkook said. "Yeah, you were so whiny and sulky saying your mom will scold you. You looked so cute in that pink sweater and torn jeans. Mm. Your eyes were also shining like this on that day.", Taehyung said looking at his eyes. Junkook held eye contact a little longer and looked away. "You remember everything?", Jungkook asked. "I never forgot anything, Jungkook.", Taehyung said and caressed Gukkie's tiny foot. Slowly they again fell into silence.

"You liked it? The view?", Taehyung asked looking ahead after sometimes

"You liked it? The view?", Taehyung asked looking ahead after sometimes. "Yes. Very much. I like night drive alot.", Jungkook said. "Then.. then why you resist every time I suggested it.", Taehyung asked. Jungkook looked down without knowing the answer to that question. Taehyung chuckled eyeing the silent boy. "I was your husband Jungkook. If your mom didn't trust me at least you should have trusted me to come with me whenever I call you. I won't do any harm to you and won't let anything happen to you.", Taehyung said with a sad smile remembering those days when he fought with Jungkook for not coming along with him for any function, party or at least a drive. Jungkook hummed. They sat there in silence again for a few minutes which was broken by Jungkook.

"Can I ask you something?", Jungkook asked. Taehyung nodded. "Do you regret having a baby with me?", Jungkook asked in low voice. "How could you ask me that, Jungkook? I never. You know how much I wanted to be a dad someday. Gukkie is the best thing that happened in my life. How can I regret it?", Taehyung asked in disbelief. "But you were not ready for it back then.", Jungkook said. "That's because you were young, Jungkook. And it was only one year since our marriage. Also didn't you remember doctor telling us to not stress and take things slowly, when we failed a couple of times. I didn't want you to take those hormonal shots, Jungkook. We had time with us.", Taehyung said looking at Jungkook. "You think we had time?", Jungkook smiled looking at his ring mark on his finger which is fading away. "Mm.. I think we still have time.", Taehyung said as his gaze also fell on other's finger. Jungkook stopped caressing his finger and eyed Taehyung but immediately looked away. "Gukkie slept.", Jungkook said pulling Gukkie out from his warmth. "Mm. Can we go back then?", Taehyung asked and Jungkook nodded. The ride back to home only filled with jazz music playing from the music player as Jungkook sat looking outside, head rested on the glass window, and Taehyung occasionally glances at the figure sitting besides him.

Once they reached apartment, both of them moved to their respective rooms. Jungkook laid on the bed after tucking Gukkie besides him in the baby blanket. He turned left and right a few times without getting a comfortable position to sleep. He signed and laid straight looking at the ceiling.

*
"Jungkook, every married life will have silly fights but it will fade away when you both have a token of love to hold together.", Mrs Jeon said Jungkook. Jungkook stopped slurping soup and looked at his mom. "I am talking about baby. Jungkook, you two should plan a baby as soon as possible. It's already one year.", Mrs Jeon said stirring her soup. "It's only one year mom. Also I don't think Tae is ready for it.", Jungkook said. "Why? So that he can cheat on you, right? Because child is a responsiblilty and he is not ready to take it.", Mrs Jeon said. "No mom. It's not like that. Tae wants to be financially stable some more before having a baby.", Jungkook said. "That's a mere reason. Are all married couple having baby after becoming rich?", Mrs Jeon asked. Jungkook didn't said anything. "Ask him. Tell him, you need a baby. You are not 18 or 19 to not have a baby.", Mrs Jeon said. Jungkook didn't say anything further. "See Jiminie. He also said the same. Aren't you seeing them struggling now. It's been 3 years since their marriage. I'm saying this for both of your goodness. I don't want both of my children suffering for a baby. Think of it, Jungkook. Husbands never wish to settle down with babies because that will take away their freedom to an extent. It's our responsibility to draw them in line.", Mrs Jeon said wiping her mouth. Jungkook hummed.

...to be continued...