Chapter 41

"Jason," I said puzzled. I looked at Henry who had a hard look on his face upon seeing Jason, he parked the car and we both got out of the car.

"Jason, what are you doing here" I asked.

"Sorry Mia, to come all of a sudden but I want to talk to you," he said.

"Well okay you can talk," I said.

"Alone," he said looking at Henry, both of them glaring at each other.

"Henry..." I said.

"I see, I was already leaving. Enjoy your night" he said before leaving and getting in his car, I kept looking at his figure until he got in the car and left.

I sighed before turning to Jason, "What do you want?" I asked

"I am sorry, I really am for everything. I was blinded with revenge and now I feel like a fool" he said looking at the floor.

"it's okay Jason, I am happy you figured that out. Anything else, I need to sleep," I said

He moved two steps toward me until we were so close to each other; I looked at him puzzled before I took a few steps back. He put his hands on my cheeks and leaned to kiss me.

Henry's POV:

I could not just leave; I know I should have left after dropping her, but I just could not. So now, I am sitting in my car in a dark corner like a creep watching them as they talk. Suddenly he stepped closer to her, I watched intently gripping the steering wheel so hard that my knuckles turned white.

"Please don't let him touch you, come on push him away before I lose control and kill him on your doorstep" I said to myself while watching him but his hands on her cheek and leaning to kiss her.

He kissed her for a few secs before she pushed him away, telling him to go away before she got in her house and closed the door in his face.

All I was seeing now is red, so he is back to being a good boy just a day ago and she is already letting him kiss her. I punched the steering wheel before driving away.

Mia's Pov:

Maybe I used to love Jason but now my heart belongs to Henry and no one else. When Jason kissed me, I just felt disgust, nothing else he just caught me my surprise when he did that.

I took a shower and decided to call it a night.

I woke up the next day, did my morning routine before I went to work. Upon reaching my work, Thomas came running towards me.

"You have to come with me to the station right now" he said.

"Okay but what happened?" I asked puzzled.

"Carlos is dead" he said out of breath.

"WHAT?" I said hurrying behind him.

Reaching the station, we found many reports outside waiting for any news on what might have happened to Carlos.

"Who notified them?" I ask Thomas.

"I have no idea, I was told that it was a confidential matter, but I guess it's not anymore" he said.

We parked the car, pushed through the crowd, and got into the station. We walking to Carlos's cell, to see him lying on the ground while his face so pale like a ghost.

"What happened here?" I asked the medical team there.

"We still making our analysis but from what we can tell, he killed himself" I am guessing he is the head doctor.

I put my gloves on and kneeled down to examine him. There is no physical assault on his body, I searched his pockets for any evidence, I found a paper folded in one of his pockets; I took it and stood up.

"His blood is on your hands Ms. Prosecutor, watch your back," I read.

Great now another death threat, I mean I used to get them a lot in London to an extent, it stopped fazing me but still it was never a good sight.

"Thomas he definitely wasn't killed, take a look," I said giving him the note I found.

After reading it, he looked at me "well damn but how did he die than there was no blood or any physical assault on him."

"That what we need to find out, excuse me," I said excusing myself before taking my phone out to call Henry. After calling him for the third time without him answering, I began to get worried, so I tried calling Alex.

He picked up quickly, "hey Mia."

"Hey Alex, are you with Henry" I asked.

"Nah I am with Leila, i didn't go to work today. Is everything okay?" he asked?

"Yep, don't worry, have fun and tell Leila I said Hey" I said before hanging up and heading towards my car.

Driving towards Henry's company, worried that something might have happened to him. Arriving there, I headed directly towards his office, everyone there knew me, so no one dared to get in my way.

I reached his office floor but found no one at the front desk which made me panic even more, so I did the most stupid thing in the world, I entered his office without knocking and I wish I didn't. 

I looked at the scene Infront of me before i was met with Henry's regretting eyes.