Chapter 3

I kept reading the message repeatedly. What if it is a prank from Nicole her sick mind would think of something like that, but what if it is not, who knows maybe they wronged someone too but how do they know about what they did to me? While thinking I drifted off to sleep.

Walking up the next day, I rose up and did my morning routine then went downstairs to be greeted by Leila and Emmy's smiling faces and the smell of freshly baked muffins and coffee.

"Good morning, all" I smiled.

"Morning darling, come sit down I made your favorite muffins, and you didn't eat anything yesterday so you must be hungry," Emmy said setting the muffins in front of me while I took a seat. "So darling what are you planning to do right now, I was speaking with Leila and if you don't mind, we would like you to live permanently with us," she said.

I looked at her. "I don't know Emmy; you already did so much for me already and I don't want to be a burden," I said honestly.

"What burden Mia, I love you like Leila and I insist you stay with us until you get bored of me, and Leila just then you can leave," she said laughing.

"Well okay, I guess but I have to find a job so I can at least provide for myself" I insisted. "Okay dear whatever makes you feel comfortable," Emmy said.

"Guys I want to take your opinion regarding something," I said pulling out my phone and showing them the weird text, I got last night. Both of them read it and was deep in thought. Then Leila said "look I think you should go you got nothing to lose, also I could come with you and wait for you in the car if anything goes wrong".

"Yes Mia, Leila is right you should go who knows maybe this meeting would change your life, although I don't like dwelling on the past but if it would make you feel good and give you the closure you want at least go and hear whoever is behind that text than you decide what you want to do". I thought about what they said and decided that I would meet this person and see how it would end.

Later that evening, I got dressed ready to meet this stranger, going downstairs I was met with Leila who was already dressed and waiting for me at the door. "let's go I am ready" I said putting my shoes on, grabbing my bag and following Leila out of the door.

"Mia don't be nervous and if anything goes wrong, I am just one call away" Leila assured me while watching the café come into view. Stepping out of the parked car leaving Leila behind who wished me good luck. I went inside the café and sat down on an empty table waiting for whomever is gonna show up.

"Hello, miss James, sorry I am late," a voice said. Turning around I came face to face with the most handsome young man I ever laid my eyes on, he was wearing an expansive looking suit which complemented his figure, is it even legal for someone to be that good looking. If I was not nervous before now I am.

"Hello Mr,

"Hello Mr,...." I trailed.

"Oh sorry where is my manners, my name is Henry, Henry stone" he said. "so look miss James, I don't want to take a lot of your time but as I said in the text if you are interested to get your revenge, you should meet me and by you showing up I take it you want revenge" he said with a serious tone.

"Well yes but I don't even know who you are and what made you want to take revenge so much on these people" I honestly said. I mean yes, they destroyed my life and turned my mom against me, but this man looks like if someone looked at him the wrong way, he would kill him.

"Well I am henry stone like I said before CEO of Stones and Co Company. And for why I want revenge because I was betrayed just like you did, not only me but my sister too" he said angrily.

"By the Adams?" I spoke. "No by Jason" he said angrily. "By Jason? Do you know him?" I shockingly said.

"Know him? Sweetheart I know him more than you could ever imagine. He laughed sarcastically. "Look miss James, I know that you were Jason's girlfriend but what you don't know that Jason betrayed his family not just you and all for what for the Adams," he continued. "After his mom died, he got half of the company share at a very young age, so someone had to take care of his shares until he become of age, then he can take his right place at the company but guess what he did, when he became of age, he decided to sell all of his shares to the Adams".

I was in deep thoughts, thinking about what he is saying not knowing what to feel about what I just learned. "Miss Mia, I can see you have a lot of questions, please ask right away it's your right know what you are getting yourself into." He said.

"I am just confused, are you saying that Jason was only with me to be able to strike a deal with the Adams, but why I mean I hated the whole family, I only tolerated them for my mom," I said confused.

"I can't speak about Jason's feelings but maybe he figured that out that's why he left you for Nicole," he said trying not to hurt my feelings but falling miserably. I felt used and unloved even more than before, I mean I was hurt but some part of me still hang upon the memories we shared but to know all of these memories might have been a lie breaks my heart even more.

"Mr. Stone can I ask about how you know all of this, I mean I have been with Jason for years, but I don't even know his last name. All I know is that his mother died when he was young and that her name was Lauren, that's all." I asked "and I can't understand where you and you sister come in all of this".

"Because my sister was Lauren stone Miss James, Jason is my nephew," he said.