CHAPTER 39

"WHAT!!!" he said looking between Stephan and me.

"Jason this is just a game, you can't believe her. She is playing us," Stephan said.

"Am I?" I said digging my hands in my purse, fetching a paper, and giving it to Jason. It was a DNA result; you may wonder how I got it. Well, when I first was assigned to this case while I was in London, I read both family files but there was something that always did not add up in the relationship between Eleanor and Stephan, after some digging, I found that they had a secret affair going on. So, I suspected that Jason might be Stephan's son, so I did more and more digging until I found the blood tests that they had done when they were brought down to the police many times before and dang indeed, I found a match.

I was brought back to reality, by Jason holding Stephan by the neck while Nicole and my mom tried to separate them. I made the mistake of looking at Henry; he had a look of hurt and betrayal in his eyes and the worst thing was that it was directed towards me. I looked at him with sorry eyes, but he just looked away, I know I should have told him not to keep something like that away from him, so I deserve that.

I was pulled yet again from my thought by Jason shouting at Stephan, "I bet you also killed my mom to hide your shit and blamed it on Henry, didn't you" Jason accused Stephan.

Stephan pushed him away, "you are no son of mine, all I know is that your mother might have been whoring around with other guys" he spat.

Jason looked angry and his chest was heaving, he advanced towards Stephan ready to punch him but before I knew it, an angry Henry punched Stephan in the face beating Jason to it.

I tried holding Henry back, who just shrugged my hands and advanced to the door slamming the door behind him in the process. I ran behind him, calling his name to stop but he never did. He reached his car which one of his men brought it her as we came with Thomas's car.

I stopped him before he got into the car, "Henry please" I looked at him pleadingly.

"Just get into the car so I can drop you at Leila's house and leave," he said with no emotions.

I just did what he said and got in without another word. We drove in silence to Leila's apartment I kept looking at him, but not once did he acknowledge me. I found one of his hands on the gear while the other was holding the steering wheel, so I took a deep breath and held his hand that was on the gear.

He froze before looking at me then looked back at the road but at least he did not push my hand away.

"I am sorry, Henry. I never meant for you to find out like that, this was a bitchy move on my side," I said.

He did not reply and just kept looking ahead at the road. I let out a breath, fuck I am an idiot.

"Why didn't you tell me "He said all of a sudden.

It was my turn to stay quiet, what should I say that such info is confidential and that I prioritized my job over his feelings?

He chuckled lightly while shaking his head, "And to think that you care about me, well I guess I just got my answer" he said pulling his hands from mine.

"Henry.." I began but was cut off by Henry.

"Just forget it, we are here. I hope Leila's okay," he said while pulling into the driveway of Leila's house.

I hesitated before getting out of the car, once I was out of the car he drove away. I kept staring at the car until it disappeared, maybe I was hoping he would return and give me a chance to tell him, how sorry I was but that never happened. With a heavy sigh, I checked my phone to find a text from Thomas saying that they were gonna arrive in 5 minutes and that Leila was safe and sound.

I sighed in relief, going inside to tell the news to Emmy and Alex. Both of them kept thanking me and we all went outside to wait for her arrival. After 5 minutes, a car pulled into the driveway, Thomas got out first before opening the back door for Leila, I let out a breath happy that she was indeed okay. Emmy and Alex run towards her giving her a hug each, while I just stood back with Thomas smiling at the scene in front of me. After a while, Leila turned to me and came up hugging me.

"Thank you" she mumbled.

"Anytime, I am glad you are okay" I said pulling away. "I will leave you to eat something and rest but tomorrow you will have to come to the station to testify but no worries it will be a quick drill, also me and Thomas will be by your side all the time, is that okay with you?" I asked which she just nodded.

I hugged her one more time before I bid my goodbyes and got into Thomas's car so he can drop me at my apartment. It really has been a long night and I just need to get into my bed and call it a night.