Chapter 19

Stilling looking at him not wanting to lose the eye contact war we were having, he narrowed his eyes at me, and I did the same, luckily, we were interrupted by a confused Alex.

"I guess we can go Henry if you want," Alex said confused by his friend's behavior before going out of the door. With that, Henry broke eye contact and followed his friend.

"Talk about sexual tension," Olly said laughing.

"Shut up Olly," all three of us said in unison.

"oh wow, 3 against 1 not cool girls," he said.

After that we took off to a fancy restaurant, before entering Leila came up to me and whispered to play along, I was confused about what she was on about.

We sat at a table with Henry and Alex on the external sides of the table while Leila was seated between Olly and Alex while I sat between Henry and Sam. After ordering something to eat, Sam and Olly were talking together in hushed voices, and so were Leila and Alex, I can see that Alex can be a good match for her if they ever decide to get together.

Not wanting to talk to Henry, I pulled my phone out and scrolled through it to busy myself, upon hearing my name I looked up to find a man whom I had never seen before, greeting me as if we were long-lost friends before he hugged me tightly, looking at Leila to find her smirking at me so I relaxed knowing that this was her doing.

"Hey Mia, long time no see," he said. I was about to reply when I was rudely interrupted by Henry.

"Who the hell are you" Henry said rudely.

"ohh my bad I am Luis, I was with Mia in college," he said moving towards me to take a seat beside me but Henry blocked his path with his leg before pulling him a chair, so he could sit in between Alex and Henry.

I was talking with Luis, before feeling a hand on my leg that I know too well. I tried removing his hands, but he tightened his hand more.

"So Luis how did you and Mia meet," Leila asked which grabbed Henry's attention.

"Well tbh, I had always admired Mia's looks since day one but when we were paired together for a project, I found that not only was she pretty but also smart as hell, that's when she officially became my college crush," he said laughing. I felt Henry's hand tightening around my thighs even more, by now all of them were engrossed in some topic, so I turned to Henry.

"Henry stop," I said with a hushed tone.

"stop what dear," he said smirking down at me. I tried removing his hand again but to no luck. I glared at him in which he just smiled in return, so I decided to get on his nerves.

"so Luis, we should meet up sometime and recall our old memories," I said.

"yes of course, you have my number you can call me anytime maybe we can go on a date to pick up where we left off," he said winking catching on, I must admit this guy knows how to act, I myself almost believed him. I was cut off by the screeching noise of a chair, before I know it Henry was out of the restaurant.

Maybe I took it so far; I excused myself following after him. I found him outside, his back towards me.

"Henry are you okay," I said concerned.

"Leave Mia," he said.

"Hey, what's going on," I asked moving to stand in front of him.

Before I knew it, he held my arm tightly. "Why do you always try to test me, Mia" I was surprised. "you know that I can't stand seeing you with another man yet you always try to test me."

"Are you kidding, I was ready to give myself to you the other night, but you just left me there wondering what did I do wrong" I shouted at him.

"do you think I wanted to leave, it took every ounce of self-control I had to be able to walk through the fucking door," he said shouting as well.

"Then why did you" I said looking at him with hurt.

"Because you deserve someone your age and not as damaged as me," he said broken.

"You are older by 5 years, and I don't really care," I said while holding his face.

"No Mia, you don't know anything," he said

"Then help me understand," I said pleadingly.

"I can't let's just stick with the original plan and not complicate things," he said.

Hurt by his words, I let go of his face and stepped back away from him.

"Okay as you like, I will stick to the plan but you have too, including staying out of my affairs," I said with a poker face.

Not waiting for a reply, I went inside leaving him standing there.