chapter 26

After reading the text, I panicked. I tried calling Henry but he did not pick up. So I decided to go downstairs to tell Alex.

After telling Alex, he tried to call him but he still did not answer.

"that is unlike him not to answer his phone," Alex said worriedly. "I will go to his house and check on him," he said.

"I will come with you," I said to which he agreed, also Leila tagged with us. I tried calling him again but still nothing. Reaching his house, we rang the bell still nothing. We waited until we saw a car pulling into the driveway, then we saw Henry getting out of it but not alone with him was Tiffany. So they are sleeping together, wow. Suddenly I wished that I had not come here.

"guys what are you doing here?" he asked surprised by seeing us.

"dude why are you not picking up your phone" Alex asked

He searched in his pockets, "shit I must have forgotten it in my office or smth"

"anyways we were just worried about you but I see you are perfectly fine. Enjoy your night" Alex said disgusted before leaving which me and Leila followed.

"Alex wait up, what happened" Henry jogged catching up with us.

"Here we were worried about you because we got a threatening text from whoever stabbed Mia, but here you are fuckin your new secretary," Alex said. I flinched when he said that, I knew they were fucking but it still hurt to hear it out loud. 

"WHAT !! Mia show me the text" he looked at me, I didn't look at him, I just gave him my phone. He read the text before cursing. "Where are you going right now" Henry asked

"We are going back to Leila's home, I am staying with them until Emmy returns," Alex said.

"I am coming with you," he said and before we could say anything he called Tiffany to tell her that he had something important to attend to, she gave us all a dirty look before kissing Henry, he pushed her lightly before looking at me but I looked away.

We all got in the car, going to Leila's home. I don't even know why he came with us, I can't stop the images of him with her. I really need to move on or the jealousy will burn me to the ground.

Currently, we were sitting in the living room, talking about the message.

"Henry who is behind all of this," Alex asked

Henry stayed silent for a while before he replied, "Jason"

"Jason? As in Eleanor's son" Alex asked in disbelief. 'does he still blame you for her death?" Henry nodded. "But I thought he wanted to sell his share to get revenge not actually killing you, what would he gain by this" he asked.

"if Henry dies, he will get all the company. Henry has no heirs and there is no family left except both of them" I said, I looked up finding all of them looking at me, "what?"

"I never thought of that," Henry said

"well it's obvious," I said. "Anyways it's late, I am going to call it a night, goodnight everyone," I said before going to my bedroom.

The next morning we all headed to work. I was met with Carlos only as Olly was on vacation.

"good morning my beautiful lady" he greeted.

"good morning," I said laughing.

"so Mia I want to ask a question," he said pulling a chair near me.

"go ahead," I said

"what would you say if a guy you don't know well, ask you for a date as he wanted to know you better" he asked.

"is this guy hot" I asked smirking at him.

"Smoking hot, omg all the ladies love him," he said

"then I can't decline him," I said laughing.

"Great so tonight? After work" he said

"sure thing," I said.

So after we finished working, we went together to a restaurant to have dinner. We talked for a while, he is really a nice guy and also funny. We talked about everything, getting to know each other well.

After we finished, he drove me home. So we currently are standing on the front porch.

"I really had fun Carlos," I said

"Me too Mia, I hope we can do it again soon," he said

"Yes sure we have to," I said smiling before turning to open the door. He grabbed my arm and kissed me, I was caught in the moment so it took me a moment before I pulled away.

 He grabbed my arm and kissed me, I was caught in the moment so it took me a moment before I pulled away

He smiled at me, "See you tmw" I just waved at him before entering the house. Closing the door, I turned around to find Henry in front of me.