Chapter 1

Present time.

Finally, I am going back home as a big hot lawyer, as Jason used to say. Speaking of him, I hadn't heard from him for ages but maybe he has a lot of things going on, he has been busy since he started working in my stepfather's big company. Also, my mom stopped speaking to me 3 months ago which was weird but Leila, my best friend told me she was okay, and that her phone broke down that's why she couldn't call. Weird but okay.

Anyway, my plan just landed in my hometown; opening my phone, I tried calling Jason and our house phone number, but no one picked up, weird hmm. Maybe they are just going to surprise me, yep that must be it. Boarding the plan, I tried to spot Jason or my mom but saw nothing. Suddenly, I heard a loud squeal and someone jumped on top of me making the whole airport look at us.

"OMG OMG, Mia, I miss you so much, it's been ages," Leila said.

"Miss you too Laila but I can't breathe," I said laughing.

"omg sorry sorry, I was just super excited," she said standing up and pulling me with her.

I laughed and then asked: "Leila are you alone, where are Jason and my mom"

Leila panicked, "Well.. well... Jason mmm.... and your mo.."

"aww Leila since we were children, you could never keep a lie" I laughed. "I figured that they must be making a surprise for my arrival that's why they didn't show up to the airport".

"Surprise what are you talking about, Mia there is something you need to know," Leila said turning all serious all of a sudden.

"It's okay Lils I figured everything out. let's go home, I miss them so much" I smiled grabbing her hands and dragging her with me out of the airport and to her car.

"I am driving Lils" Leaving no room for argument, I got in the driver's seat and started the engine.

"Mia hmm how about we go to my house first, you know my mom misses you so much, and also I need to tell you something urgently," Leila said fiddling with her fingers. I smiled warmly at her. "I know Lils it's just I miss my mom and Jason so much and I hadn't seen them for 4 years, however maybe after we can go see your mom cuz  I miss her and her food so much," I said while pulling in my home driveway.

"Lets go Lils" I said hurriedly opening the car door and running inside not even getting my bags, opening the door, it was so quiet while I walked inside the living room, and then I spotted Jason sitting on his laptop there looking as handsome as ever, I squealed and ran to hug him.

"Omg J, I missed you so much," I said lovingly.

"Oh Mia, when did you arrive" He said nervously peeling my arms from around his neck.

"Hahahahahah very funny babe, I for fact think you know quite well that I will be arriving today, You never forget dates especially when it's about me" I said laughing.

"Mia stop....." Jason started but was cut off by a sound of high heels coming into the living room, looking up, I found my stepsister wearing a very short dress, then she came and stood beside Jason linking her arms with his.

"Yes Mia stop, I don't appreciate you rubbing yourself against my boyfriend," she said smiling evilly.

"YOUR WHAT..."