Chapter 11

I couldn't help but feel hurt when Mia turned off my dinner offer, but maybe she was really tired and wanted to rest. Since that day at the café when I first saw her, I knew she was not like any other girl I had met before. And I was proven right when I read her CV and the way Alex speaks well about her, she interests me like no other woman did. I mean she is beautiful and smart and despite everything she is going through she is still kind and loving. 

While looking out of the window and thinking about her, I found her exiting the building and getting in a strange car. What the hell, didn't she say that she was going home, well maybe I am overreacting, and it might be her friend who she leaves with, coming to pick her up.

I kept passing back and forth until I called the security department asking for a front footage of the car, Mia got into before the car could go anywhere. After a few seconds, the security guy sent me the footage, it wasn't so clear, but I could make out that it was indeed a guy, not a girl.

Call it curiosity or jealousy or whatever the hell you want but I ordered someone to follow the car and send me their location, I had to see who this guy she turned me down for.

Putting on my suit jacket, I grabbed my car keys and told Samantha to cancel any appointments, if I had any as I wouldn't be back.

I got in my car and sped to the location my men sent me, after a while I reached the location and found myself in a park but there was no one around. 

I parked my car telling my men to leave and if I needed them, I would call them.

Walking in the park, it seemed so quiet until I heard a scream and shouting, I knew this voice.. Mia.

I ran as fast as I could towards the sound, and what I saw made my blood boil, Jason held Mia by her arms trying to kiss her while she struggled against him telling him to let her go.

"Didn't she tell you to let her go Jason" I said as calm as I can, stepping outside.

His face paled for a second before he composed himself and said, "If it isn't my dearest Uncle, hey Mia look your boyfriend came" he said while switch their position making her look at me while securing an arm around her waist. I will break his filthy arm one day.

"Jason, let her go right now" I snapped.

"or what ha uncle, what will you do ?" he challenged.

"I swear I will make you regret it Jason if you don't let her go right now" i said getting angry.

He laughed, "no need to get possessive uncle, she is just filth to me, you can take her" with that he throws her my way which I caught her in my arms before I see him running to his car and speeding outside of the park, what a coward.

I turned my attention towards Mia, making sure that she was not hurt or anything before I carried her bridal style to my car, without saying anything to her.

I put her inside the car and got in the driver seat, before starting to drive towards her house before you think I am creepy, I saw it in her CV and we happened to leave in the same neighborhood.

"Henry... I am sorry," she said with a low quiet voice. It took all of me not to gather her in my arms and protect her from the world.

"Not now Mia" I said, I was mad at her, I mean why did she went to meet him in the first place and why did she lie to me.

Arriving at her house, i waited for her to get out of the car but before she did, she turned towards me, "Thank you for being there" and then she kissed me on my cheek and went inside her house.