Chapter 35

"Henry" I replied coldly

"you are back" he breathed out.

"well yes, it's my best friend's wedding," I said

"mm yes I suppose, are you staying after that" he said

"I have work to do before I leave again," I said nonchalantly before turning to walk away, when he grabbed my arm instinctively, I put my hands on my gun, he must have noticed because he gave me a weird look.

"you need anything," I said

"I was gonna tell you, it's good to have you back," he said which I just nodded before walking away.

Henry's POV:

Shit, I am so late for Alex's wedding but damn did the work became so hectic even more that The Adams is becoming dirtier by each second, Alex told me they were sending a prosecutor here to control things more, so I hope he arrives as soon as possible.

Currently, I was on my way to Alex's wedding as fast as possible, he was gonna kill me. Arriving at the place, I walked with my men through the hall and to the party, shit I missed the vows.

Walking inside the party, greeting people that's when I saw her, beautiful as ever just standing there. I stopped in my tracks while she looked at me before turning around to face Sam and Olly again.

So i approached them greeting Sam and Olly which they greeted back before excusing themselves, turning around we were face to face.

"Mia" I said

"Henry," she said coldly, a lot of things have changed about her, but her saying my name still gives me chills to this day.

We talked for a little bit before she turned around to leave but I didn't want our convo to end this fast so I grabbed her hands to stop her, she turned her head so fast putting her other hand on the side of her leg, wait a minute is that a gun. I looked at her questionably, why is she carrying a gun?

After the She left me and I haven't seen her again all night. What happened to her, she changed a lot her looks, even the sparkle in her eyes vanished, and she looked fearless and stronger than I remember her. I shook my head, i tried to get her out of my mind and enjoy the day with Alex.

Ending the night, i tried searching for her among the guests but it seems that she vanished in thin air, i dropped Alex and Leila at the airport for their honeymoon before going back home.

A week later, Alex was back from his vacation, and we were going to see the new prosecutor, he asked for us as well as the Santiagos, I am not sure why as we weren't included in the Adams business shit.

So currently me and Alex as long as Mr. Santiago sitting outside in the waiting area waiting to be called in.

"Hello gentlemen, sorry for the delay but the prosecutor is waiting for you now" the man said ushering us inside.

Going inside, we found a figure of a girl looking out of the window, so the prosecutor was a SHE then.

but she looked too familiar, turning around to face us. I stood dead in my tracks fuck the new prosecutor was Mia, I looked at Alex who has the same expression.

"Hello gentlemen, please take a seat," she said with a voice full of authority.

Mia's POV:

"sorry to call you all of a sudden but I needed to have a quick chat with you as I know that you are far as it gets with what the Adams are doing, I just want names that you think are working with Stephen Adam and also I have something to show you Mr. Santiago" I said walking towards him with my tablet, giving it to him to watch the video. He was in shock. 

"what is the meaning of this how did they get Alexa, she was supposed to be traveling. I will fucking kill him" he said with rage.

"Mr. Santiago please calm down," I said nonchalantly.

"My baby girl is kidnapped and you are telling me to calm down" he screamed in my face while I stood there looking at him bored waiting for him to finish his tantrum.

When he finished, he sat back down holding his head in his hands.

"look Mr. Santaigo, your daughter will be sleeping in her bed tonight that's a promise, but you need to help me please," I told him which he happily agreed before I dismissed all of them to continue working.

"Mia" fuck why didn't he leave, I turned around from him walking at the far end of my office towards the door.

"Mia, Mia wait please," he said standing in front of me.

"Mrs. Prosecutor. This a workplace and you don't have the right to call me by my name," I said shouting at him.

"Okay okay sorry, just please listen to me," he said

"I am listening," I said

"I want to apologize, I am really sorry for everything," he said looking at me apologetically.

I snorted, "Sorry? What you sorry for what exactly Mr. Stone. You broke my heart, you put me through hell and you know what the worst part is? That I tried, I really did each time I should have walked away, I stayed and tried to give you many chances, but you know what you did each time, you gave up on us" I said holding my grounds. good job the old Mia would have ran in his arms and cried like a baby

"Mia..." he trailed speechless.

"get out Mr. Stone I have work to do," I said opening the door for him and letting him out, he looked at me for a moment before walking out of the door.