chapter 21

"Mia I know you probably hate me right now but take care please," she said worriedly looking left and right.

"hello to you too Mom, and take care of what," I asked with a poker face.

"Jason and Stephen they are planning something I don't know what, just please stay safe," she said with a worried look. Then turned towards Henry and said, "Please keep her safe," she said before she was interrupted by Stephen.

"ahaaa there you are babe, I have been looking for you everywhere," he said putting his arms on my mom's shoulders.

"Hello Stephen," Henry said.

"aha Henry didn't see you there, sorry," Stephen said sarcastically.

" I am sure you didn't" I mumbled.

"what did you say" he turned to me with rage.

"so you couldn't see Henry and now you can't hear me too, what Stephen are you getting old or what" I said challenging.

"you are such a bitch and I would be happy to knock that bitchy attitude out of you," he said manically.

"I would really like to see you try" I said ever so bravely standing up to him and damn did it feel good.

"if I were you, I would watch myself little girl" he said before grabbing my mom and leaving, she turned to me and mouthed "take care".

"you are staying with me tonight" he said worried by my mother's words.

"why what if for all we know, it might be Stephen's doing" I said

" I am not taking any chances, you are staying with me tonight, end of discussion" he said

"okay but on one condition, if I will come Leila have to come too" no way I was gonna leave Leila alone, especially that Emmy was not in town. He agreed before we went to tell Leila, she agreed, and Alex said that he was always gonna stay the night with us.

After the ball ended, we went to Henry's mansion to stay the night. we all hung up for a while before deciding to call it a night.

In the middle of the night, I woke up thirsty and decided to go down to grab a glass of water. Grabbing myself a glass of water, I returned back to my room. I went to close the door when I heard a voice coming from downstairs, hmm weird I just came from there and no one was there so I decided to go and check it out.

Going downstairs, the voice stopped before I saw a flash in what I am guessing Henry's study, what is Henry doing this late, I went inside calling his name.

"Henry is it you, what are you doing here this late" I said. 

Because it was dark, I couldn't make much but i could make his back, putting my hand on his shoulder, I went to turn him around to face me. 

Before I suddenly felt a sudden pain in my stomach, looking down at my stomach I found a knife sticking out of it with blood pouring from it, I dropped the water glass and fell in his arms, before he laid me down on the floor.

"I am sorry, you weren't the target but I told you if you stayed by him, you would get hurt eventually" a familiar voice said