Chapter 2

"Jason is this a joke, What is she talking about" I looked at him with pleading eyes, hoping he would tell me that all of this is just a sick joke and none of it is true.

"Let me make it clear to you sweetheart, Jason here finally found out what a loser you really are and decided to do better," she said laughing in my face, that's when I felt my heart being shattered to pieces. "Also, Mia are you not ashamed of what you did," said Nicole.

"What I did ??" I said turning back and looking at the couple just entering the living room. "Omg Mom I miss you can you please tell me what is going on, I...I don't understand" I pleaded but she just looked at me with sad eyes not saying a thing.

"Well well well if it isn't the ungrateful stepdaughter, you know I always thought you were a brat but never knew you could stomp so low by saying such bad things about me and my business resulting in ruining my reputation and me losing a big business deal," he said angrily.

I was so confused about what is he going on about what business deal, "Bad things about you, but I never said anything What are you talking about" I said honestly. "Ohh not only you are ungrateful and a backstabbing bitch but also a liar," Nicole said.

"Mom you can't believe this bullshit honestly," I said going to my mom and shaking her arms for her to do anything and defend me but much to my horror she didn't say anything which made me realize what side she is on " omg you believe them don't you" I said with my eyes wide from the shock and betrayal I felt "you actually believe them over your own daughter" I laughed bitterly.

"Enough!! I want you out of my house and I don't want to see your face ever again, do you understand!!" Stephen my stepfather said getting between my mom and me.

"Mia lets get out of here" Leila said, I almost forgot she was here but thankful for that. " oh we will lils just a sec". Walking to my stepfather and standing in front of him, "Mark my word I will make you regret what you just did to me". Turning back to look at Nicole and Jason, "And as for him well you can take him, you both deserve each other's" walking out I looked at my mom with emotionless eyes, "hope you have a good life with them Lauren".

Walking out of my used to be home with my head held high insisting to stay strong until the last second, getting in the passenger seat-letting Leila drive us to her home. i stayed quiet most of the ride until I decided to break the silence, "Did you know?" I asked her.

"yes, I did, and I am sorry, I didn't want to tell you while you were alone in another country, I wanted to be there for support and that's what I was trying to tell you since you landed" she said honestly, "please don't be mad at me, I didn't mean to hide anything from you" she pleaded.

"it's okay lils, I understand, and I could never be mad at you, you are my sister from another mister" I said.

"And look if it makes you feel better, I never believed anything they said, I know you and you could never say such thing, it was all Jason and Nicole's doing I just know it" she said pulling in her driveway.

Hearing Jason's name I feel a bang in my chest, I mean I hate what he did to me but part of me still cannot comprehend and could not just forget all our memories together. He promised to wait for me but well it seems that all he does is lie to me.

Getting out of the car, I went to take my bags while Leila helped me and then we walked to her house, opening the door I was hit by the smell of freshly baked cookies.

"Mom we are home," Leila said. Hearing shuffles and few curses than someone running in the living room, before I have the time to turn around, I found someone hugging me so tight.

"Mia my darling, I miss you soooo much. You look so grown up dear" she said crying and hugging me. "Omg mom why are you crying rn" Leila said laughing at her own mom sensitivity.

I laughed "I miss you too Emmy" I smiled warmly while hugging her.

"I am sorry, you must be tired darling I already arranged the guest room for you, you can stay as long as you like, it's your home now and I have always thought of you as my own daughter" she said honestly. "And Mia I am sorry for what you had to go through" she said with sad eyes.

"it's okay Em, and I always thought of you as my second mom" I said thanking her while carrying my bags to the guest room. Falling on the bed I kept replaying all what happened today, I can't believe my mom could side with them against me, she of all people know that I would never do something like that, maybe I didn't like Stephen and thought he was an A class asshole but I would never stomp that low to go and speak bad about him making him lose a huge business deal like he said.

While I was thinking, I began drifting off to sleep until I heard my phone dinging notifying me that I got a message, opening my phone I found it's from an anonymous number; "good evening, miss James. If you want revenge on your ex and the Adams met me at the café at the end of your neighborhood," It said.