chapter 34

Two years later, here I am going back to my hometown to attend Leila's wedding, yes you guessed it right she is getting married to Alex, some things never change but guess what I did. I am not the naïve crying babe I used to be, now I am the strongest most ruthless prosecutor that London has ever known, I shut my heart out and worked on myself until I achieved where I am today.

I was not only going back for Leila's wedding but I was asked by the US government to come look in some cases that involve murder and money laundering and guess who the main suspects is, yes you guessed it right, it's the Adams but the police couldn't arrest them because there we no evidence.

So here, I am landing in the Airport of my hometown again after two years. I searched for Leila before spotting her, with her back turned to me. So I walked up to her and tapped her shoulder, turning around she was shocked and I understood why I was not the girl she dropped at the airport even my looks changed.

"Mia??" she looked at me puzzled before hugging me

"hey Leila," I said hugging her back

"omg you look like a badass damn, those two years surely did you well," she said

I just smiled at her, "Enough about me, how are you and how are your wedding preparations going" I asked her.

She kept talking about how excited she was to get married to Alex and she started talking about her wedding preparation, she seemed happy and that's what mattered. She deserves the best thing in this world.

Arriving at my rented house, I got my bags out with the help of Leila. Entering the house, I was surprised to find everyone inside, Emmy, Sam, Olly, and Alex.

"Hello guys, I miss you all so much," I said

When they recovered from their shock, all of them hugged me, we sat for a while catching up. I also told them I would be staying here for a while until I finished my job, which they were so happy to hear.

After a few hours, they all decided to leave to make me rest from my long plane ride. I walked upstairs to take a shower before opening my laptop and my case file, and decided to work before going to sleep. The Adams are more dangerous than I remember, they work in a lot of illegal stuff not only them but also Carlos's dad and a few other men, they were all dangerous and I will be damned if I didn't arrest them all.

Walking up the next day, I went to work to meet my new team, discussing with them every intel we got, then I met with the police department, to get updates on any new crime or a trail they may leave behind. After that, I went with Leila to pick a dress for her wedding, as I am her maid of honor.

Then after we finished, I went home with her so we could finalize everything for her wedding, as it will be taking place in two days' time.

The next day, I went to check the wedding venue, making sure that everything was going well for her big day after that it was her bachelor party, normally I would have drunk myself to death but I can't be seen drunk now, so I just watched them dancing and drinking with Emmy.

Finally, the big day has come, currently, we all are getting ready while Leila while cursing herself for drinking too much yesterday but oh well nothing can be done.

Wearing my dress and attaching my gun in my leg, you always have to be prepared you never now when it can come in handy, I went and sat beside Emmy waiting for Leila to walk the aisle.

"you look beautiful dear" Emmy said

"thank you, Emmy. I can't believe that she is getting married. I am happy for her" I said

"me too, I am trying not to cry honestly," she said which made me laugh, she was always the sensitive one. "Mia did you see....." but she was cut off by the music announcing Leila's entrance. I looked up to find her accompanied by I guess Alex's dad. She looked beautiful, I watched as they completed the wedding vows before they were announced as husband and wife. Now it is time for the party.

I was talking to Olly and Sam. When I heard some noises, I turned around to find some men entering followed by someone, I hadn't seen in two years and I wished to keep it that way, he didn't see me at first but when he did, he stopped dead in his tracks just looking at me.

I turned around to face Olly and Sam and continued our conversation. Not before I felt him behind me.

"Olly, Sam good evening" he said greeting them which they did the same before excusing themselves, Traitors.

"Mia" he breathed out

"Henry," I said coldly 

A\N: sorry this chapter is just a fill up but the action will begin in the next chapters, i will wait for your opinion on the new enhanced Mia