Chapter 33

I kept staring at him not processing his words. What does he mean I am right, no I am not fucking right, is he giving up on us that easily or he is just taking this whole protecting thing as an excuse maybe he doesn't love me at all or pity me like Jason, Omg.

"Mia are you listening" he said snapping me of my thoughts.

"yes loud and clear," I said trying to sound strong, I was not gonna cry in front of him again. "that's what I came to say as well but you beat me to it" I faked a smile.

"Good," he said with a poker face.

"if you excuse me, I will be leaving," I said before turning around, walking out of the door my tears began to fall uncontrollably.

Why just why does he keep doing this to me, he was my first everything, I even gave him my virginity why would he do this to me. I got into my car and went home not bothering to tell Leila. Meeting Emmy, she looked at me before coming to hug me while I collapsed in her arms.

"its hurts too much, please make it stop," I said crying feeling my heart shatter into pieces.

"oh dear, I am so sorry you don't deserve all this," she said holding me tight

We stayed like this for a while, before I felt like I was gonna faint so I went to my bed laying there until I fell asleep.

Walking the next day, I felt like a zombie. I texted Alex that I would not be coming today and maybe not even tmw. I was scrolling on Instagram until I found an old friend who I met in London, maybe going back to London would be good for me, since I came here all I felt was betrayed and heartbroken, maybe I should not have come here in the first place.

I texted my friend to see if I could stay with her for a while until I got settled there, to which she happily agreed. Well, I guess it's time to tell Leila, Emmy, and my friends that I will be going back to London.

Calling all of them over, I got ready to face them I do not know if it is the right decision or not but it feels like it is now. So I currently, was sitting in front of them about to tell them the big decision.

"hey guys thank you for coming" I told them, "I am sure you are wondering why I called you all here all of a sudden, its because I will be going to London and please before you disagree you all should know that it became so hard for me to stay here, I think it is for the best," I said all in one breath.

They all kept looking at me like I had two heads before Leila came up to me and hugged me while crying, Sam, Olly and Alex looked at me with sad eyes. Before hugging me and said that they would miss me but if it would make me happy then they wouldn't stop me.

Feeling somewhat relieved, I started preparing my stuff and booked a flight, I know I should have told Henry but I couldn't, I doubt that he will even care. Carlos also had not texted me since the night of the party although I tried reaching him but got no answer back.

Moving forward, I was going to the airport rn with Leila and Emmy to drop me off, I will miss them so much but I need to do this for myself.

Saying goodbye to them, I got into the plane and prepared to start my new life.

Henry's pov:

It has been days since I last saw her, I know I am such an idiot but I couldn't pressure her to be my shadow girlfriend, she deserves so much more but at the same time I can't risk her. She already almost got killed once, I can't just take that risk again.

I went to her office many times to maybe catch a glimpse of her without anyone noticing but her desk was always empty and today was no difference. So I decided to go ask Alex about her.

Knocking on the door before entering, I was greeted by Alex.

"hey man how are you" Alex said

"good Alex, wbu" I said

"good good, why didn't you call me up or are you just visiting your dearest friend" he said

"Alex were is Mia, is she okay?" I asked directly

"you don't know?" he said wide eyed

"know what?" I asked sitting upright

"shit man, Mia went back to London for good, I thought you knew," he said

"Alex I don't like your jokes, where the fuck is she," I asked shooting up.

"I am sorry man, but it's the truth," he asked looking at me sadly.

"no you are lying" I said before dashing out of the door while he ran to catch up with me, I got into my car with him on my tail.

"Henry slow down where are you going" he said but I didn't reply, I just drove as fast as humanly possible. She can't be gone this must be a sick joke of some sort.

Arriving at her place, I kept knocking at the door like a lunatic while Alex tried to stop me. Leila opened the door before I pushed her lightly entering the house.

"MIAAAAAAAAAAAA, MIAAAAAAAA where are you" I said screaming but there was no answer, I ran towards her room, meeting Emmy on my way who looked shocked and sad. Entering Mia's room. I stopped dead in my tracks, It was spotless even her scent was not there. No this can't be happening, the thought of her gone forever made me kneel on her bedroom floor crying, Alex came behind me hugging me like he did when Eleanor died, and I haven't cried since then.

"I failed her Alex, she is gone because of me" I cried

"Henry..." Alex started before I cut him.

"no Alex, don't try to say anything, I was supposed to protect her but I didn't realize that it was me who she needed protecting from, I hurt her so bad" "The only one I cared about is gone because of me" I sat crying on the floor like the pathetic man I am, I deserve all of this.

After a while, Alex helped me up from the floor, going out of the door I found a picture of Mia on the shelf, I turned to Emmy who was wiping her tears for permission to take it and she nodded in return.

And with that, I haven't seen Mia since nor did anyone dare to mention her name in front of me, only the Adams taunted me when they knew about Mia as if they won a trophy by seeing me suffer.