chapter 40

Henry's POV:

I arrived home after dropping Mia at Leila's house. To say I was hurt was an understatement; she had known all of this since she came back and did not even try to tell me, I understand that it must be a confidential piece of info but I thought deep down she cared about me more than that.

I arrived home, deciding to get some sleep as it was really a very long day and I have a lot of meeting early tomorrow.

Next morning, I did my usual routine and went to my company. Alex met me after I finished my first meeting.

"Hey man, how is Leila doing. I thought you will be staying with her today," I asked

"Well, she is good, nah she went to the station with Sergeant Thomas and Mia," he said.

As I heard Mia's name, my face dropped but I tried recovering it as soon as possible but unfortunately, Alex noticed.

"Hey, did something happen between you too yesterday?" he asked

"Nah nothing happened, I just discovered that she kept some things from me and I don't know how to feel since than" I said and with that I told him everything that I learned yesterday, I mean Alex is my brother there is no point in keeping anything from him.

"FML, Jason's Stephan is son all this time," he asked in which I just nodded. "What did Jason have to say about that?" he continued.

"He almost killed Stephan," I said

"Anyways back to our subject, I know you feel like Mia betrayed you, but maybe she had her reasons; either it's for working reasons or just trying not to hurt your feelings, but I know how Mia feels about you so I know that her intention was never to really hurt you" he said

"But guess what she already did" I said chuckling darkly.

"look man you need to think about it rationally or at least talk to her and let it out and fast as you will be seeing her tonight" he said smiling sheepishly.

"What where?" I asked.

"Emmy decided to treat as all out as she didn't have the chance since we got back from out honeymoon, so she booked a fine ass restaurant for us to have dinner tonight," he said shrugging.

"I don't know Alex, I don't feel I am ready to see her yet" I said

"Well you will have to tell Emmy that not me" he said.

I looked at him wide-eyed, "nahh this woman scares me," I said while he just laughed.

After that, he went to his office, while I continued with my meeting and work until it was time to go. I was met with Alex at the company's exit who was standing with Leila as she came to pick him up.

"Hello Leila, I am happy to see that you are okay," I said hugging her.

"Thanks, Henry," she said before continuing, "So are you gonna ride with us to the restaurant?"

"Nah I will get my car and will just follow you guys," I said

After that, I went to my car and followed them until we reached a fine ass restaurant. We parked before entering the restaurant. We found Emmy sitting there waiting for us.

"ohh Hello, Henry. I am glad you made it son," she said hugging me.

"Well, you will kill me if I didn't come," I said hugging her back, which made her laugh.

"Well, yes that's true" she laughed.

We all sat down and started talking about some random things until I saw her entering; to this day, she still makes my breath hitch just by looking at her.