chapter 25

After they all left, I just stood in the middle of his office not sure what did he want from me.

"why didn't you pick up any of my calls yesterday, I was worried," he said.

In which I laughed sarcastically, "Worried? I am surprised you had time to worry about me, what Tiffany couldn't occupy all your time" I said

"Mia...." Before he could continue, I interrupted him.

"I know you said we were nothing and all of this is just an act, but I tried telling myself that deep down you loved me as I loved you, but I was such a fool to think that," I said. "but seeing the pic, I realized that you won't ever love me back and I won't ever be enough for you, but you know what I am enough to someone else," I said tears threatening to fall.

"Anyway, you already ruined our plan so I guess, there is no acting anymore and there is no need for me to continue working here, my resignation will be on your desk in a few," I said

"I won't accept it," he said, if I were not angry before I was sure as hell angry now.

"Why haaa, so I can see you getting cozy with her, or to keep controlling who and what I do haa" I said getting in his face.

"Mia lower your voice," he said calmly.

"or what haa" I said in which he didn't reply. "that's what I thought," I said before turning around and going for the door.

Before I could take two steps, I found a hand on my neck pulling my face back to face him, and before I can realize it I found his lips on my kissing me roughly.

he went to my neck kissing me, in which I moaned and he growled

he went to my neck kissing me, in which I moaned and he growled. We kept kissing roughly until I realized what he was doing, I pushed him away slapping him.

"what the hell Henry" I said before bolting out of the door. What has gotten into him, I never saw him like this before and the worst part is that I liked it. Damn me.

Returning back to my office, I was greeted by Olly and Carols joking around.

"as if having one idiot was not enough, now I have to deal with two," I said jokingly. They both gave me an evil glare before advancing toward me. "guys what are you doing, omg stay away" I said before both of them were on me tickling me. "ouch my wound" I said. Suddenly the both retreated and Olly apologized while Carlos looked confused.

"gotcha" I laughed evilly. After fooling around and welcoming Carlos, we helped him get to know how we work and gave him some cases to work on. I can tell he is smart and will learn everything quickly. After a few hours, Olly had to leave because he had a date with Sam.

"Okay that's so tiring," Carlos said stretching.

"Welcome to the Stones company, where rest is a luxury" I joked

"so Mia, what has been going on in your life since you left college" he asked

"well nothing, the normal just working and stuff" If you call being betrayed by your mom, and your boyfriend, and loving someone from one side normal, I said to myself.

"so no boyfriend" he asked bluntly.

"what are you gonna ask me out" I jokingly asked.

"just checking if I have competition" he replied laughing.

"no I don't have a boyfriend," I said

"so there is no you and Henry," he asked. Ofc I mean we were all over the media at some point.

"no there is no me and Henry," I said trying to hide the pain in my voice, I mean we were never a thing to begin with.

Carlos must have heard the pain in my voice because he said, "Look if this is my sister is doing, I am really sorry," he said looking at me apologetically. "if it helps you deserve someone that cherishes you, I promise I am not flirting but I think you just need to know that" he said genuinely.

"Thanks, it means a lot," I said.

With that we started to work again until it was time to go, we said our goodbyes before I was on my way home.

Reaching home, I found Leila and Alex making out on the sofa.

"so you work me over time, so you can come make out with my friend with no interruption," I said to Alex.

They jumped apart in surprise, both of them blushing.

"so how is the new guy" he asked trying to change the subject.

"he is smart and loves to work," I said

"is he hot?" asked Leila which earned her a glare from Alex, "what I was asking for Mia," she said.

I laughed, "Yes he is hot but his sister is a bitch, she is the one with Henry in the pic"

"wth, the nerve this guy have" she said angrily

"I know he is my friend but sometimes he can do dumb things," Alex said.

I sat with them for a while before I had to go to my room. Changing my clothes, I heard my phone dinging, opening the screen I found a message that said, "Tell him that I may have missed the first time, but I won't the second"