~15~ Makes Me Feel Powerful

Start from the beginning

"Talk? Sure. What about?" I ask as I pause sliding the belt out of my loops.

".....how I'm sorry?!"

"Tate, the belt is only because you drank. You have a whole lot more punishment coming your way."

"Like what?!?" He gasps as he stands up and glares at me.

"For starters? You're getting another spanking before bed tomorrow night for being selfish and risking her business."

"YOU'VE OFFICIALLY LOST YOUR MIND!" He screams, and it makes me mad.

"I've lost my mind?....Ok, we're done talking. You're bending over that couch, now."

"Holden......"

"One."

He simply stares at me

"Two....."

Still staring

"I get to three, I'm bending you over myself and pulling your jeans down. Really want the belt for the first time in just underwear?"

"I didn't think about her losing the business," he says as his chin starts to quiver.

"Well, you're going to think about it. A lot. But right now we're focusing on the fact that you drank. Two and a half."

He shakes his head as he walks over to the couch and bends over the back of it, waiting for me. I come up behind him, my palms sweating, and pull the belt out of the loops the rest of the way.

"Don't reach back, Tate. It isn't like my hand...It could really hurt you."

He stays completely silent as he grips the cushion hard and smashes his face into it.

I fold the belt in half the way I've seen it done, and put my left hand at the small of his back.

I swing the belt until it cracks hard across his butt, and he immediately bends his knees and smashes into the couch more. "Ahhhh!" He groans, clenching the cushion so hard his knuckles are turning white.

When I crack the belt across his cheeks a second time, he stomps his left foot down hard on the ground. "Holden, this is stupid!"

"So is drinking," I growl as I bring it down a third time, and I can hear his sharp intake of breath.

The next smack brings him to tears, and I have to harden my heart.

"Ow"

"Ahhhh"

"Shit!" He sobs, and I feel evil.

I continue on and give him ten more, when his breathing is so ragged and harsh that I decide to stop. I hadn't planned on stopping just yet...But this was his first major spanking and I have to keep that in mind.

I throw the belt on the couch and rub his back until he finally stands on shaky legs. When I turn him to face me, he surprises me by falling into me and hugging me tight.

"Is my ass still there?" He sobs, and I can't stop the chuckle from erupting out of my chest. I kiss his wet cheek, and run my hand through his hair.

"I hope so, because it has another spanking to get through tomorrow," I say softly.

"With the belt?!?!" He cries, reaching hysterics.

"No, my hand."

He relaxes slightly as he pulls away. "I feel awful," he sniffs. "Quinn was so mad at me."

"I bet she was. Are you good if I bring her back in now?"

At his single nod, I go to the door and find her on the porch.

"Can you come back in?" I ask with a small smile, and she returns it as she stands up and follows.

"I'm sorry, Sylvie," Tate cries as he goes over and gives her a hug, and that shocks me. He actually looks remorseful. And he called her Sylvie. And he's hugging her.

Did I enter the freaking twilight zone when I got back?

She hugs him back, and when they pull away he wipes more tears off of his face.

A long silence fills the air with only the sounds of Tate's occasional sniffing. After I watch him for several moments longer, I clear my throat and he looks right at me.

"I don't know what I'm most upset about, Tate. The fact that you did what you did in general, or that you did it when she was responsible for you."

He stays silent as he sniffs again and wipes his nose with the back of his hand.

"Sylvie, are you good with him working with Rusty all of this week?"

She nods once and groans all at the same time. "I am, but that's gonna bite me in the ass...I could tell he loved having the extra help last night. Now he's gonna pout until I hire a second kitchen person......"

"Ok, fine. Are you good with him doing shitty jobs, unpaid, for this entire week?"

"Sure am," she grins mischievously and it makes Tate roll his eyes...And thankfully for him, that's all he does.

I chuckle at her amount of excitement, and then clear my throat again and try to look stern once more. "After school you're headed to the bar this entire week, except tomorrow since it's closed. Whether I have to work or not...And heaven help you if she has to call me because you're being difficult. Hear me?"

"Well you're the only one talking, so......."

"I kinda liked the yes sir, no sir thing...Made me feel all special and powerful....Maybe let's try that answer again, there, brother."

"Yes sir......" he sighs as he rolls his eyes again.

"Yup....Powerful." I joke, and then realize he's still in trouble and look stern again.

"Your birthday is next week, and I had planned to take you to get your license....Now I'm second guessing it. I don't use my car much, so I figured we would share it, but you sure as hell won't be getting behind the wheel if you're still drinking."

I figured he would argue, but he gets a funny look on his face.

"What?"

He looks back at me and shakes his head. "Nothing."

"Your face is weird. What's wrong?"

He seems embarrassed as he looks down again. "I haven't said a word about my birthday."

"Yeah?"

He looks up at me again and shrugs. "I can't believe you remembered it."

I'm stunned for a moment as Sylvie and I exchange a look. "You didn't think I knew when your birthday was?"

Another shrug is my answer, and it makes my heart feel like it's breaking. I destroyed him when I left. "How could I have forgotten, it, Rex? It was the day I finally got a brother."

Tears fill his eyes, and I close the distance between us as I pull him into a hug. "It was one of the best days of my life," I whisper as I kiss his temple, and the only answer I get is his hands grabbing at my shirt as he pulls me in closer.