13 Alexander

I sit in the back of my car replying to emails as we head to the docks to receive a shipment. 

"Sir, Mr. Bustrova has requested to re-schedule your uh meeting"

I hesitate. 

"I'm busy this week and next week. Tell him I'll reach out with another date."

Bellamy nods. It's only been a couple of days, I guess the gift I gave him wasn't enough for any longer. I'm reminded of Heaven's face as I left her this morning after spending the night at her apartment. Of course, I had to sleep on the couch but I was completely agreeable to that as long as I was near her. I can see her fighting me every step of the way too; She's a determined thing for sure. Determined to not like me or give into her feelings she's starting to develop for me. 

"Any luck with the DNA sample?"

"Ah, yes, well, we ran into a little trouble. Whoever this person is either doesn't want to be found out or they have a really good IT team."

"Explain yourself"

"There's no name that pops up when DNA tests are ran. It's the most accurate you can get, even if I asked you for their thumb print, their identity won't show. There are firewalls everywhere that Bear is having to go through And even as he searches, it's like it's erasing itself."

Interesting, my little angel doesn't want to be found out. What could she be hiding? I will find out everything about her. Absolutely everything.

I walk up the steps to her door and unlock the 3 locks this time. Of course I made copies, I don't want a repeat of last time. Although I'm fit, I haven't climbed into a window since high school. I didn't get a chance to stop by the club tonight but knew that Jensen was still holding up his end of the deal. We'll have to have a little chat about her job. The kitchen smells of something sweet.

"Oh, I didn't know you'd be back"

"Of course, why wouldn't I be?"

She rubs her eyebrow. "Look, this is getting to be a little weird. I promised one date and it was mostly because I was being blackmailed."

"Blackmailed? That was not blackmail, angel."

Was I probably coddling her? Probably but she liked it. I know she does. She can try to get rid of me all she wants but I'm not going anywhere. And the fact that her identity was still a mystery makes me want to know everything about her even more. I've asked her plenty of times but she won't budge and insists that her name is Heaven. I want to know her name so that when I kiss her I can call her by it. I want to know her name so when I fuck her I can groan her name. Fuck, the thought of fucking her is getting me hard now.

"I-I just need some time. Some space will do me good"

"Today was enough time away from you."

"No, like a couple of days. I need to think."

I stare at her and can tell when she starts to get self conscious. 

"Stop staring." she says and turns away from me.

I walk up behind her and wrap my arms around her torso.

"I like staring at you. You are actually my favorite thing to stare at." I whisper.

Silence is her response and to surprise her even more, I lightly kiss the side of her neck. Now that, she responds to and I smile. I love riling her up. She suddenly wiggles out of my hold.

"That, that's why I need space. I don't like it."

"Stop lying to yourself. You fucking enjoy my presence. Stop fighting it."

She's standing in the living room now with the spatula in her hand. My phone rings. Bellamy.

"Yes?"

"Sir, we have news on the DNA results. I think it might be best to tell you in person."

Looks like she'll get what she wants after all. I won't be kissing her on the lips until I know her name and I want to feel her lips against mine so fucking badly.

"I'll be there soon"I say while directing my attention back to Heaven.

"I'll give you tonight, but tomorrow? You're mine, angel." 

Juliette Grasso. I only know one Grasso and he's nothing but ashes now. There's no way they could be related. But Grasso? That's not a common name. In Boston of all places. I sit in my office staring at the file Bear was able to pull up. Juliette Grasso, 22 years old. Born on March 18th at Boston Medical Center. That's all we were able to find and it took Bear 2 days. Someone doesn't want my angel to be known.

Past- 10 years earlier

"Alexander" father yells from his office. I run to his office.

"It's official. You're a man now."

"What?"

"The time is here. Everything we have been working towards is finally here, my son."

I hear my heart beating so loudly I feel like it's going to jump out of my chest. No, it can't be. I thought I still had time.

"Boston's head boss is dead. It's your time to show everyone who rules Boston."

De Grasso is dead? Matteo de Grasso? How? He wasn't of old age. He wasn't sick.

"How?" I mutter quietly.

"A fire. His whole family is gone."

Man of Veracity- Finishedजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें