8 Juliette

I had to get to the club early today to put together a new routine since Brandi was hounding me all week. I promise mom, this is not what I wanted to be when I grew up. I chose Lana Del Ray's "In my Feelings" for this routine. I even had to purchase a new outfit so that was a nice dip in my bank account. The last time I ate was this afternoon before I left my apartment so I inhale the sandwich I packed.

"What a hefty snack there, Heaven. Be careful though, you don't want it to show during your performance tonight."

Hefty? It's a sandwich. I turn around and find Candy standing in the doorway. I stare at her while I take the last bite and smile. She rolls her eyes and scoffs before turning away. Once she's gone, I turn and look at myself in the mirror. Does it? Show in my tummy area? I've never really been self-conscious about my body so I don't know how all of a sudden Candy's bringing it out in me now. I'm not skinny like her, but I also wouldn't consider myself big. Being a diabetic does make it hard but I have total control over my diet. I huff, this is ridiculous. You're beautiful, Juliette. Don't ever let someone tell you you're not. I turn away from the mirror and gather my bags to start applying my makeup and doing my hair.

$600.00. That's all I made tonight. God, that doesn't even cover the strips I need to check my sugar. The last couple of nights the club has been somewhat empty. A couple stragglers come in here and there for everyone else's performance but during mine? No one. Except for the person in one of our private rooms. I see him. I see him when he sits down, when he stands, and even when he maneuvers closer to the window. He's either here for a business meeting or here to watch all of the girls perform. Weird. I pinch the bridge of my nose and take a deep breath in. I'll make it work, maybe pick up an extra shift. I could always pick up another job but waitressing doesn't make as much. I head out of the club and automatically feel eyes on me. The hairs on the back of my neck raise and goosebumps form on my skin despite the thick coat I put on. I discreetly glance around the parking lot and locate the same vehicle that's been here all week. I never see anyone getting out of the car or in it but I know one thing for sure, someones sitting in it. I've noticed that the vehicle takes the same route I do every morning. Motherfucker think he's got me, huh? I clench my right hand around the pepper spray, ready to use it if someone tries anything. I continue to walk down the ramp and turn ri-, what the hell? The next second my ass is on the cement and the breath is knocked out of me. I hear the slam of a car door but before I'm able to pick myself up off the ground, a pair of hands wrap around my right upper arm.

"Are you ok?"

Oh, my god. That voice. It's so dark and rich. I turn to put a face to the voice and any word that my brain was starting to form stops. My god, did I hit my head that hard? He's beautiful. Like god took his time carving this Adonis......or the devil. I grin. What was that saying? "The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for."

"Watch where you're going next time." is muttered.

The voice brings me out of my own head. I try to jerk my arm away.

"Let go"

His grip tightens again and I panic. I swing my left fist towards his adams apple and he automatically releases my arm.

"I said, let go"

Both of his arms clutch his throat and he coughs. I take off running down the street. Oh god, I can't go home. What if he follows me? Instead of turning onto my street I continue down a little further into the diner that stays open 24 hours. 

"Welcome in, pick any place y-, oh, hey Heaven." Lena says from behind the cash register.

"I haven't seen you in awhile."

"Yeah, I've been busy." I say while turning around and looking through the glass door for a specific car.