Chapter 19 Ransom

Author Note: Battle begins.

Brayton and his friends, were on a mission to rescue Shanty. From the Dark Meadows Castle palace. Earvin suggested taking a shortcut that would cut their journey time in half, but the others were hesitant due to a previous bad experience in the Woods of Shem were the fairies lived.

Tiama reminded Earvin of the time a fairy had bitten her finger, causing it to turn into a mood ring that changed colors.

Reluctantly, Earvin mentioned that the shortcut through Dark Valley Mountains would be a better option. They set off, being careful not to awaken the werewolf packs that roamed the mountains.

Meanwhile, at the Dark Meadows Castle, Shanty was anxiously worried.

She couldn't help but wonder if her aunt and uncle, cousin Brayton, and Gage had forgotten about her.

As she watched the wedding ceremony of her father and Kiartira, she contemplated speaking up against the marriage. However, Shakur signaled her to remain silent for her father's sake.

"Wait here darling, I be back." Kiartira tells her new husband, as she slips through the crowded, area.

Darkeem wonders where, she went, but shooked his head, for thinking the worst.

He saw his daughter Shanty, and asked if she was ok. She told him, she was alright, and that she missed the Brightwell Kingdom.

Darkeem reassured by hugging her, stating that everthing will be alright.

the wedding after party event is now starting ,

Brayton and his friends arrived at the the castle, causing everyone to fall silent. Brayton confronted his uncle Darkeem and his new aunt, determinated to stick to their plan, Xavion warned Brayton about the risks involved, suggesting that they should call for back up. To call upon the feline folks if things got out of hand.

Darkeem used his power to manipulate the minds of the Harpies and Drow elves, ordering them to attack the group.

Shakur noticed Earvin and Akasha and led them away from the chaos. Shanty was hold captive by two guard Drow elves. Brayton and Xavion fought them off using their unique abilities.

Xavion told Shanty to hide in the brushes into the fight was over.

Ne'tiama and Tiama joined the battle, using a vortex wind power blow move to defeat the three, Harpie birds in their path way.

Causing on to land in the pool full of piranhas, and the second to land straight on the brick wall. The third one landed right on the bugs nest.

Earvin and Shakur fough, in a fierce hand to hand combat, with Shakur initially gaining the upper hand. Some how Earvin managed to counter his attacks and eventually defeated Shakur.

Shakur catches his breathe while laying on the ground, he revealed Darkeem's plan to Earvin, who rushed upstairs in horror. He found his friends struggling to fight against Darkeem and Kiartira. Realizing the dire situation, Earvin blew a horn to call for backup from the feline folks.

The feline folks arrived just in time to help the group fight off against the remaining enemies surrounding them.

Xavion and his sister's and Akasha went with the feline folks to help them fight the remaining Drow gurads.

Leaving Earvin and Brayton to fight against Darkeem and Kiartira.

Earvin chosen to fight Kiratira, while Brayton choose to fight against Darkeem.

Next page ....