Chapter 7 A Shortcut Through The Woods

Author Note: best to listen to story with headphones! Enjoy your reading I hope this chapter makes you laugh and enjoy the Whimsical adventures.

The Woodlands elves Akasha and Earvin embarked on adventure with their human friends Xavion and Ne'tiama, in Tiama.

They were accompanied by the Woodlands palace horses, as King Altar, Akasha's father wanted to ensure that they will have transportation, to travel.

On their journey to The Brightwell Kingdom, Earvin being familiar with the Woods of Shem where the fairies live most of their lives in, that part of the woods, the east- side . He suggested that they should take the Shortcut through it. He warned everyone about the mischievous nature of the fairies.

He explained that their skin could change color like a mood ring and even, if they bite your fingers or anywhere on your body. They could cause quite a commotion.

Earvin also mentioned that the King of Brightwell Harold, have made a rule against
eating fairies, as orges, trolls, drows, and even some humans used to consume them
for their supposed youth - enhancing in their DNA!

After everyone heard Earvin's words, they were left disgusted by the fact that the fairies had been eaten in the past. They made their way to the Woods of Shem, Akasha reminds Earvin what happened last, when her and him, both entered through there. The fairies had made her hair into a bird's nest, she was annoyed that she had to go through there again!

However Earvin reassured her in everyone that the fairies are, cute little beings who
would only be mean or bite if they felt threatened, by anyone.

As they ventured deeper into the woods, Xavion noticed little pale green fairies peeking at them from behind the bushes, while others sat on mushrooms and
Laying on their stomachs, on the flowers.

Ne'tiama, found them adorable, and favorable, she couldn't understand why
folks will eat them.

Xavion, couldn't understand why people thought they were dangerous.

Tiama, made a joke about the fairies being bugs, but in fancy flowerd wear costumes. Which elicited laughter from the group, except for one, the little pale green fairy who landed on her shoulder.

Tiama, was awed by how cute the fairy was, until it caught her by surprise.
It stuck out it's blue tongue at her. Earvin and Akasha, Xavion in Ne'tiama, all
Immediately exclaimed. Earvin: "Uh oh!" Earvin said in Shocked.

Akasha: "Oh no!" Akasha said in puzzled look on her face.

Xavion: "Tiama!" Xavion said in concerned.

Ne'tiama: "Sis your ok!" Ne'tiama said in worry.

They witnessed the fairy skin turned pinkish red and, it had bitten Tiama on her middle finger. Causing her to exclaim in pain.

Tiama: "OUCH! THAT LITTLE SNAPPER BIT ME!" Tiama said as she shouts in anger as she looks at her finger. And then at the little fairy that bitten her.

The little fairy flew up and spoke with a tiny voice.

The little fairy that bitten Tiama: "ATTACK. THEM!" it shouted.

And warned the other fairies to attack.

Even the horses were not spared, as the fairies started to bite them. Causing anxiety and fear among the horses. Making them run, with their owners still on them.

The group managed to escape to the Woods of Shem and reached, the bustling town center of Brightwell.

Seeking respite, they entered the Brightwell Restaurant to sit and eat.

Tiama noticed her middle finger was changing colors like a mood ring, which
alarmed her. Earvin assured her that it would go away within five minutes.

Leaving Tiama astonished.

Xavion and Ne'tiama bombarded Earvin with questions, wanting to know why he knows the bite will fade away on its on, including the color changing effect.

Earvin reaveled that he had been bitten, before by them, it's a long story, he said as he chuckled nervously.

After everyone finshed their meal, they made their way to the gates of the Brightwell Kingdom.

Two mysterious workers, took their horses in tied them to the trees outside of the gate. They payed no mind to these workers in continued waking up the stairs to the door. A maid answered the door, and welcomed them inside.

The inside of the palace was purple, white and gold, all around. As they looked.

The male adviser informed them that King Harold would join them shortly.

Next page....