𝖢𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖳𝗁𝗂𝗋𝗍𝗒-𝖲𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗇

Start from the beginning

"...huh, what he said about you was right."

"What do you mean by that?"

Yanqing quickly turned away with a cough, "AHEM, uh... wait a minute, where'd Miss Jingliu go?"

Y/n's eyes scanned the area and immediately found the blindfolded woman by Dan Heng and Bailu, the doing looking rather startled to see her there.

"Are you in trouble, Dragon Lady?" the former Sword Champion inquired as Yanqing and y/n hurried on over, "If you need assistance, I'll come along as well."

N-No! No, no trouble at all... haha..." Bailu laughed nervously, "Don't worry about it, you can stay here and rest."

"I insist, a little walk will do me good." Jingliu hummed, receiving an uncertain look from the little Vidyadhara but no protests.

"Guess that means we'll be coming along as well." y/n chirped before breaking off with another yawn, "Ah, crap..."

"If you're tired, you can stay here." Dan Heng offered, "If you haven't been getting a lot of sleep recently, then you should take a break."

"Mm... no, I'll come along. I may not be able to fight right about now, but I can still track down whatever we're looking for." she mumbled with a shake of her head.

And with that, it was settled.
They began to search, both y/n and Bailu being able it smell that it was nearby... WHAT THE HELL?!

One of those weird dog abomination 💩s had the box, attempting to sneak off but halting when it realized that it'd been spotted.

"Hey! That's my medicine box!" Bailu shouted, pointing at the abomination, "Give it back!"

The creature skittered away, y/n immediately darting after it and leaving everyone else behind.

"Y/n!" Dan Heng protested and began rushing after her and the abomination while everyone else gave chase to avoid losing it.

After a while of chasing, the group making their way down to the docks, they eventually came to a halt and found the damned thing hiding behind a big 🍑 ape abomination.

"What the-?! Hey! That's no fair! How come you're hiding behind an even bigger monster?!" Bailu demanded when her and the others caught up, "More importantly, when did even more of these things start showing up at the Alchemy Commission?"

"You little-!" y/n was about to lunge at the smug look dog abomination that'd hid behind the ape, but was grabbed by the back of her clothing and dragged back by Dan Heng who stepped in front of her.

"Careful, these things are dangerous."

"But—"

"You're under orders not to engage in combat, and you can't use your duties as a train guard as an excuse either since you're no longer a member of the express," damn, "Stay back and let us handle this."

Y/n couldn't even be angry about what Dan Heng said, stepping back with the slightest bit of hurt in her eyes as she let her gaze drop to the ground instead.

Yanqing and Jingliu stepped forward as well, the latter nudging Bailu back to stand beside y/n, "Allow me to eliminate these obstacles, Dragon Lady.  Be sure to keep your distance, the chill of my sword freezes everything in its path."