Chapter 6- Ebony

The day flew by a lot faster than I expected. All night I was so nervous about how the day would go but never in my wildest dream did I think I would feel like I was being pampered and spoiled. They were always bringing me pastry's and coffees.

There was an interview which kind of felt like two hours of conversation with two best friends. We laugh and talked, shared stories and experiences and the way Leon cared about his daughter was so attractive to me and I could tell to Kyle as well.

I didn't have a good feeling about this relationship being strictly professional. The job was a dream, a six figure salary, 401k, housing stipends, health insurance, the works. They sent out for my passport since they told me the job was mine and I said yes.

I did have a feeling that there would be so much more than a professional relationship, because throughout the entire day each of them found a way to touch me. Not in any type of inappropriate way but gentle grazing on my back or shoulder, sometimes my arm. My body felt so needy by the time we headed out to Kyle's house. I rode with Kyle since Leon had left early to grab the items he was cooking for dinner.

"I'm excited about dinner. I've seen all his shows, he's an amazing chef." I said after we were in the car for at least 20 minutes of comfortable silence.

"I am too. To be honest I don't really use my kitchen, I eat out or at my sisters most days." He confesses.

"This will be exciting then, maybe he can teach us a few things." I chime in as we pull up to a gorgeous family style home, probably the exact opposite of what I pictured this very rich and successful man to live in.

" I chime in as we pull up to a gorgeous family style home, probably the exact opposite of what I pictured this very rich and successful man to live in

"Wow, your house is gorgeous." I breathe out. I was expecting maybe a penthouse or one of those concrete modern houses bachelors live in.

"Thank you. It was my first big purchase after I felt like we made it. I was 25. I dreamed of starting a family and filling it with children and a wife. It's been 10 years and it's still just me. But I fell in love with the place so I've just been living here alone." His words made my heart clench. He definitely didn't give off that he was a big family man but I understand keeping his personal and professional separate. That's why he's so successful.

"You are a busy man. I guess it can be hard to have a relationship when you are building an empire." I say softly. He smiles but it doesn't reach his eyes. He looked over at me, his eyes soft and thoughtful.

"Sometimes I wonder if it's worth it, if at the end of the day I come home to an empty house. No one to share my success with or leave what I built from the ground up to when I'm old and grey." He says. I reach for his hand and squeeze.

"You've done amazing and you are still young. I don't think you should stop living your dream, maybe just prioritize a little differently. But at the end of the day, it's what makes you happy." I tell him.

"You're an angel. Where have you been all my life?" He says softly reaching up and stroking my cheek. I smiled as we gazed into each others eyes. I felt a pull to lean in towards him and I did. Our lips brushed softly right before a buzzing noise broke us apart. Whatever trance I was in snapping as we both abruptly sat back in our seats. I was panting so I opened the door for the cool air to come in.