Five - 21 Questions

Mia's POV

As we walked into the restaurant I could feel his arm brushing against mine and I could feel butterflies in my stomach. I knew it was childish and foolish because I could never date a man like him. I mean he was extremely handsome, rich and charming. I knew I was pretty and funny but I had never before dated a guy like him. I still couldn't understand why he was being so kind to me.

He held the door open for me and smiled his signature crooked smile as I walked in. When we took our seat in a private corner of the restaurant he held my chair for me. All his chivalry was making me feel weird because I had never really experienced it before but I enjoyed it.

A cute young man came over and asked "What would you like to order?" I smiled and was about to answer when Alexander ordered our drinks for us while clenching his jaw and glaring at the waiter.

"I'll be back with your drinks in a couple minutes, excuse me."

I looked at Alexander and he looked back at me intensely again like he had earlier this morning.

"You have history with the guy?" I asked.

"Who?"

"The waiter... I mean by the way you looked at him..."

He seemed to clear his mind and smiled, "sorry I was just thinking about something else."

"Uhm okay..."

"You don't have any more questions for me?"

I looked at him curiously, there were plenty of things I wanted to ask but his mood swings scared me a bit. "Favorite color?"

He chuckled, "Dark red. Favorite number 5. Favorite type of music: Classic. Your turn."

"Mint. 8 and anything really except rap."

The waiter came back with our drinks and Alexander sat back in his chair with an angry expression again. I thought it was weird how much I knew about him in the few days I had been around him.

Like the way he furrowed his eyebrows when he was thinking hard or how his vein would pop out on his neck when he became upset.

My thoughts were interrupted by the waiter, "are you ready to order?"

Alexander answered firmly "I will get Fetuccini Alfredo" then looked at me expectantly.

"Mushroom ravioli, please."

"Your order will be coming up quickly" said the waiter with a smile as he picked our menus and left.

I sipped on my drink and looked at him as he stared back. I began to get self conscious. "What? Do I have something on my face?"

"You're beautiful" he blurted out then looked shocked by what he said and looked away.

"Thank you" I said shyly. I couldn't understand why he was giving me all this attention so I figured it would be in my best interest to just ask. "I really appreciate you bringing me here to eat and being kind when you didn't have to be but I don't understand why you're being so attentive towards me... I'm just another one of your employees."

He furrowed his eyebrows and looked at me then answered quietly, "To be honest, I don't know myself... I just have this need to take care of you and be close to you... It's weird I know but I can't help it."

I nodded my head as if I understood but all I could really think about were the butterflies flying widely in my stomach.

The waiter brought our food to our table interrupting us once again. "Let me know if there's anything else you need".

I began to eat just so I didn't have to talk because I honestly did not know what to say. He started to eat as well but keep glancing over at me. After about an hour of just eating and asking each other random questions that popped in our head such as what our favorite hobby was, he asked the waiter to bring our bill. Turns our his favorite hobby was photography while mine was painting of course. Being the gentleman he is, he refused to let me pay the bill but promised next time he would allow me. I only agreed to it because it meant there would be a next time and I really did have an amazing time with him.

We stood up and walked out of the restaurant. I shuddered because of the cold and he quickly slipped off his jacket and handed it to me.

"Oh you really don't have to do that"

"I do. I don't want you getting sick" he said while throwing me a cheeky smile.

"Right." I put on his jacket and got into the car as he held the door for me. Once I was inside I smelled his jacket subtlety and was amazed by how delicious it smelled. It was a mix between vanilla and a woody scent. Whatever it was it smelled delicious.

He turned on the heater after he got on and drove out of the parking lot, "what's your address?"

"Are you going to stalk me now?" I teased.

"Don't be silly, I don't stalk girls, they all chase after me" he winked.

This guy definitely has very high self esteem but I could see why. "Yeah sure. It's 598 Goodrich Way."

"Cool."

He drove silently as if he ran out of questions but his expression turned a little somber.

I didn't want to intrude or seem nosy so I just kept stealing glances at him until we reached my apartment and he stopped the car outside. "We're here" he said quietly.

"Yeah we are. Thank you for the ride and dinner, it was amazing."

He smiled crookedly which made me feel slightly better then he nodded. "It was amazing and no problem. I'll see you at work tomorrow?"

I nodded and got out of his car then went to my door to open my apartment. As soon as I opened the door I realized I was still wearing his jacket and I turned around but he was already driving away. I guess I'll just have to return it tomorrow. I'll definitely enjoy his scent while I can.

After my long day I went straight to bed not even bothering to change my clothes. I fell asleep to his amazing smell.

Alex's POV

My drive home after dropping Mia off was confusing to say the least. On the one hand I was extremely happy that my plan seemed to be working and I would be able to continue to get my revenge but on the other hand she just didn't seem like the type of person that would hurt a family so badly.

But I knew her innocent attitude was false. She was a monster and I knew that even if she tried to cover it up. She was the only Mia Franco in the city at the time that my father's death occurred and I saw her. She was blonde and slender so she did not change much. My private investigator looked through my fathers phone after his death and matched up all the information. They were both 21 and painters. Her parents' names matched. I knew it was her. When I asked her all the questions at the restaurant earlier, all her answers matched the answers she gave my father through text messages. I knew it was her.

But my heart kept telling me otherwise. The way she spoke and acted seemed genuine. When I looked into her eyes all I could see was a good heart. She must be a damn good actress so I'll have to be prepared.

I got to my house with my mind in a big mess and quickly took a shower then tried to go to bed but all I could think about was our 'date'. I couldn't wait to go to work tomorrow just to keep working on my revenge. I needed to end this as soon as possible. I would not allow myself to fall to her act.