Liam sick at home

Liam's pov

I am home. We have just finished our take me home tour. I am glad to see my family again. It is about 4am and I can't sleep. My stomach keeps on cramping and I feel really nauseous. I slowly stand up and rush to the bathroom with a hand covering my mouth. As soon as I get to the bathroom I crash to my knees and gag. I gag again successfully bringing up all of what I have eaten in the last 24 hours. I continue to throw up. I hate throwing up.

Karen's pov

I get woken up by someone retching then a splash. I carefully get out of bed so I don't wake Geoff. I quietly leave the room and I walk towards the bathroom. I see the door open and I see my poor Liam throwing up over the toilet. I walk into the bathroom and I gently rub his back. He looks up at me and I ask "How long have you been in here for?" Liam shrugs and turns back to the toilet where he gags and throws up again. I gently rub his back and whisper comforting words to him. Once he is finished he collapses against me and I flush the chain and say "Come on Li let's get you back to bed." Liam nods sadly and we wash our hands. I then lead him to his room and he climbs onto bed and I ask "Do you need anything sweetie?" Liam croaks "Water please." I nod and go downstairs.

I fill up a glass with water. I then grab a thermometer and carry both objects upstairs and I take them into Liam's bedroom. I say to Liam "Li could I check your temperature?" Liam nods and I put the thermometer in Liam's ear and press the button. I wait for the beep and I take it out of his ear and say "38.6. Not as bad as it could get li. Have some water then get some more sleep." Liam nods and drinks a couple of sips of water before he snuggles into his duvet and I go to leave his room. He says "Mum can you stay with me please? Just till I fall asleep." I nod and say "I'm just going to get you a cool cloth to put on your head alright and I will be right back." Liam nods and I go back to the bathroom.

I run a flannel under the cold tap and wring it out. I take it back to Liam's room and I put it on his forehead. I then sit on the edge of his bed and say "Sleep now honey." Liam nods and closes his eyes. Soon his breathing evens out and soft snores can be heard. I quietly get up and kiss him on the top of his head and I leave the room leaving the door slightly open so that I can hear him if he wakes up again. I walk back to mine and Geoff's room and he asks "Where have you been Karen?" I say "Liam's sick. He is sleeping currently but he really isn't well. His temperature is already 38.6." Geoff nods and says "Poor boy." I nod in agreement and Geoff says "Get a couple more hours of sleep Karen. Liam probably won't wake up for a couple of hours anyways." I nod and we both lay down and fall asleep.

A few hours later still Karen's pov

We are all but Liam downstairs having breakfast. Last time I checked on Liam he was still sound asleep. We have just finished breakfast and I hear a door upstairs slam. I sigh and go upstairs and see the bathroom door shut and locked. I knock on the door and say "Li are you alright in there?" Liam just groans. I say "Li what's wrong darling?" Liam whimpers and says "My tummy hurts." After a couple of minutes I hear the toilet flushing and the sink running. He then comes out of the bathroom looking miserable and slightly hunched over with his arms wrapped around his stomach. I gently place my hand on his forehead and I instantly remove my hand. Liam whines at the loss of contact and I say "Did you check your temperature?" Liam shakes his head and I say "You stay here. I'm going to get the thermometer from your room." Liam nods and I go into Liam's room.

I quickly grab the thermometer and go back to Liam. My heart breaks at the sight of my only son crouched down by the toilet throwing up and sobbing. I gently rub his back once he is finished he collapses against me and I flush the toilet I then say to him "Let's check your temperatures honey." Liam nods and I put the thermometer in his ear and wait for it to beep. Once it beeps I say "39.9. We need to cool you down Liam. That temperature is too high. Let me up so I can run you a cool bath." Liam whines. I say "It is ether a bath or hospital." Liam whines again but lets me up. I run Liam a bath on the cooler side but not too cold that it sends him into shock. Once the bath is ready I say to him "Li are you going to get into the bath?" Liam shakes his head. I say "Li you need to cool down." Tears start to roll down his face and I say "Li what's wrong baby?" He says "I feel really dizzy." I ask "Would you like some help?" He nods and I ask "Would you like dad to come and help you?" Liam shakes his head and says "No I want you mum." I nod and go over to Liam.

I help him to stand up and I put down the toilet lid and sit him on it. I help Liam to take off his jumper and top and then I help him to stand back up and he pulls down his joggers. I sit him down and take them off his feet. I then lead him to the bath letting him keep on his boxers. I help him to get in the bath and to sit down. He starts shivering. I gently wash his sweaty hair and then say to him "Let's check your temperature then Liam." He nods and I grab the thermometer and put it in his ear and I wait for it to beep. Once it beeps I take it out of Liam's ear and say "38.8. A couple more minutes Liam, then you can get out." Liam nods closing his eyes and yawning."

After a couple of minutes I help him out of the bath and then unplug the drain. I wrap a towel around Liam. I quickly put Liam's sweaty clothes in the washing basket and I lead Liam into his room and I ask "Can you get yourself dressed?" Liam nods and I hand him some loose clothes and clean boxers. I turn around to give him some privacy. Soon he says "Mum I'm dressed now." I turn around and he says "Mum I'll freeze like this." I say "You really won't Liam. Would you like to stay up here or go downstairs with me?" He says "Stay with you." I nod and grab Liam's duvet off his bed and we walk downstairs.

I set up the sofa so it is nice and comfy for us and I say "Come on then li we can have a movie day." Liam nods and we sit on the sofa he cuddles into me and I put his duvet over him and me. I turn on Toy Story for him to watch. About half way through the movie Geoff, Ruth and Nicola all came and joined us on the sofa and Liam fell asleep. I smile and we continue to watch movies together cuddled up together just like we used to before Liam got famous.

A few weeks later no one's pov

Liam felt much better after 3 days. He thanked his mum for looking after him. Luckily no one else got sick.