Liam paralysed part 5

Liam's pov

We have just started our on the road again tour. Zayn has just left the band. Niall and I have grown even closer over the last few months. We have both spoken openly to each other about our feelings and we have helped each other through tough times. I have just had a call from my mum to say that my grandad has passed away. I am devastated. I was really close to my grandad. It hasn't fully sank in. I am just feeling really numb and I sit there just remembering him. Niall walks in the room and asks "Are you alright li you look sad?" I shrug and say "My mum rang and said that my grandad has passed away." I start crying.

Niall's pov

I instantly go over to my lili and I pull him into a hug and say "Oh baby. I am so sorry. Did your mum say how he passed away?" Liam responds through his tears "She said it was a heart attack." I nod and hug him tighter as he sobs more. I kiss him on the forehead and gently rock him. To comfort him. Soon he falls asleep.

A couple of days later still Niall's pov

Today is the first day that we are busy since Liam found out about his grandad. We told the other boys so that they knew as well. He has been really upset about his grandad. But he isn't spending every minute crying any more. He is still grieving but a lot better than I thought he would be. I ask Liam "Li will you be alright to do the concert today? You don't have to if you don't feel up to it." Liam responds "I wanna do the concert. I know my grandad wouldn't want me to mope around and cry over him. He is in a better place now and I would like to think that he is watching over me." I smile and say "Alright Liam. You can do the concert if you really want to. Of course he is looking down at you. He would be so proud of you for this" Liam nods and smiles. We go down to breakfast.

Skipping ahead to just before the start of the concert still Niall's pov

Louis asks me "Are you still going to propose to him on stage tonight or are you going to leave it for now." I respond "I'll probably do it today. He doesn't seem too sad today. I just want to make him happy." Louis smiles and says "You already do. He seems so happy recently. You both have it has been lovely to see." I smile and I make sure that the ring is in my pocket.

About half way through the concert we have just sang little things and I slowly make my way towards Liam. I nod to Louis and he gets his phone out and I say "I just want to say a few words." I look straight at Liam and take his hand and say looking straight into his eyes "Liam I have loved you since we were sixteen. I love and admire you more and more each day. You are so strong and loving. You haven't given up once in the time I have known you even with your disability. I can't imagine my life without you." I get down on one knee and get the ring out of my pocket and open the case and say "Liam will you make me the happiest man alive and marry me?" I see the tears welling up in Liam's eyes and he says "Yes. I will marry you." I slide the ring on his finger and I then kiss him. He kisses me back and I break the kiss and rest my forehead on his and say so that only he can hear "I love you baby bear." Liam smiles and says quietly "I love you too big bear." I smile and pull away from Liam.

At the end of the concert still Niall's pov

Liam and I are in our room in the hotel. I help Liam into bed and Liam says "I love you Nini." I say "I love you too lili." Liam smiles at me and I say "I am so glad you said yes tonight. That would have been so embarrassing if you said no." Liam responds "I would always say yes to you. I love you too much to say no to you. The ring is beautiful." I smile and say "I'm glad you like it Li. It took me a while to find the perfect ring. Most of them weren't good enough for you Li." Liam smiles and asks "Do you think my grandad would be proud of me?" I nod and say "Of course he would. He was always so proud of you." Liam smiles then yawns. I say "Why don't you get some sleep babe." Liam nods and cuddles into me and we both fall asleep.

A few weeks later no one's pov

Over the next few weeks Liam and Niall plan their wedding and who will do what at the wedding. Both Niall and Liam are really happy with each other