Someday I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far behind me
Where troubles melt like lemon drops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me

Somewhere over the rainbow
Bluebirds fly
Birds fly over the rainbow
Why then, oh, why can't I?

Somewhere over the rainbow
Bluebirds fly
Birds fly over the rainbow
Why then, oh, why can't I?

If happy little bluebirds fly
Beyond the rainbow
Why, oh why can't I?"

After I finish singing he is just sniffling and soon he falls back asleep. I smile sadly at Liam and kiss his forehead. Niall walks in and asks "Is he alright? I didn't want to interrupt if it was really bad." I shrug and say "He is as good as he can be after finding out that his best friend outside of the band has just been killed in a car crash." Niall says "On no not Jack. He was lovely." I nod and say "I know. He is really upset about it." Niall nods and says "It sounded like it" I nod and ask "What do we have today?" Niall shrugs and says "I think it is only the concert tonight." I nod and say "Louis and Zayn won't be awake for a while then." Niall nods and says "Yeah probably not." I turn on the tv on a quiet volume so that it doesn't wake up Liam.

A few hours later still Harry's pov

We are about to get ready for the concert. I have already told Louis and Zayn what happened with Liam so they understand. I know I am going to have to wake Liam up. I say to him "Li babe, wake up." And I gently shake him. He opens his eyes and looks at me sadly. I kiss his forehead and say "I'm sorry I had to wake you but we need to get ready for the concert." Liam's bottom lip trembles and he says "I don't wanna do a concert today." I sigh and say "I know babe I wish I could get you out of the concert but you know what management are like." Liam nods and tears fall down his face. He says "Haz if anyone asks can you explain what happened I can't say it again." I gently wipe his tears away and say "Of course li. Come on Li let's get this concert done with." Liam nods and we go into the venue.

When we are indoors Lou comes over to us and ushers us into the hair and make up room. She quickly does Liam's hair and my hair before she does Liam's makeup. She then goes onto me and she asks "Is li alright? He doesn't seem himself." I shrug and say "His best friend from school was in a car accident last night and didn't make it. His mum told him this morning. As you can see he isn't taking it too well." Lou pouts and says "Poor boy." I nod and look over at him. I gently put a hand on his shoulder and squeeze it comfortingly. Liam bites his lip and I can see the tears welling up in his eyes. Lou quickly finishes up my makeup and I go over to Liam and I gently pull him to stand.

I lead Liam to the dressing room and I ask him "Do you need a hug?" Liam nods and I pull him to sit down with me. Liam cuddles into my side and I gently rub his back. He asks brokenly "Why does it hurt so much loosing someone?" I shrug and say "I don't know li, I don't know." He says "I really don't want to do tonight's concert hazza." I respond "I know you don't baby." Liam asks "How long until the concert?" I respond "About half an hour babe." Liam nods and snuggles into me more.

Half way through the concert still Harry's pov

I can tell Liam is struggling through the concert. We are about to start singing little things. We all sit down in our places. I whisper to Niall "Could you keep an eye on Liam. I think he is starting to really struggle." Niall nods and moves over more towards Liam than normal.

Zayn starts signing "Your hand fits in mine like it's made just for me but bear this in mind it was meant to be and I'm joining up the dots with the freckles on your cheeks and it all makes sense to me."

Liam takes a deep breath and starts singing "I know you've never loved the crinkles by your eyes when you smile you've never loved your stomach or your thighs the dimples in your back at the bottom of your spine but I'll love them endlessly." About half way through his solo I notice that he has tears running down his face. He does so well to not let his voice crack.