31.

JungKook's POV

     I quietly entered YoonGi's room. He was still sleeping peacefully in his bed. I quickly set the cup of coffee and small plate of food down on the night stand. As much as I didn't want to wake him he also needed to eat something. He's finally started to look healthier now that we have him eating at least two full meals every day and snacks. I hate what Jay has put him through and I refuse to let that asshole put him through it again.

     I gently brushed his hair from his eyes and let my fingers glide along the side of his face. This man is beautiful and he doesn't see it. I can't just tell him how I see him or feel about him. I'm going to show him. I will prove to him that his heart will always be safe with me. He is safe with me. Maybe one day I'll see it all in his eyes again. I haven't been able to see too much emotion in his eyes. Its like Jay sucked the life out of him.

*Buzz Buzz*

     I could hear YoonGi's phone vibrate against the nightstand. I look over at it seeing the screen lit up with a name I had hoped not to see flash across it.

3 missed calls Jay
4 unread text messages Jay

     It was obvious that Jay was trying to get ahold of YoonGi but I just didn't want him anywhere near my YoonGi Hyung. I debated for a moment on if I should open his phone but I also didn't want to overstep. *sigh* I looked back at YoonGi, who seemed to be sleeping peacefully and bit my lower lip. *sigh* I gently start to rub YoonGi's shoulder. "Hyungie... Hyungie, you should eat something." I spoke softly, not wanting to startle him. All I got was a groan back. I chuckled lightly. "5 more minutes." YoonGi managed to mumble out. I ran my fingers through his hair. "Okay Gi." I spoke softly with a smile.

     I looked back at YoonGi's phone, my smile faded as I picked it up and headed out of the room. I was angry and frustrated and I needed someone with a clear head to tell me what to do. I quickly made my way to NamJoon's room. Standing outside his door I quickly knocked, hoping he wasn't too busy and that he'd be able to help me.

     The door opened and NamJoon stood in front of me. "Hey Kook. Can I help you with something?" He asked with a smile. I slightly smiled back. "Hyung, I'm not sure what to do. Can we talk for a minute?" NamJoon nodded his head as he opened his door wider to let me in. He closed the door behind me and I walked over to his desk, pulling his chair out and sitting down. NamJoon sat on the side of his bed. "So... What would you like to talk about? Is everything okay with YoonGi Hyung?" NamJoon's deep voice sounded warm in the otherwise quiet room. "Hyungie is sleeping right now. I told him I'd give him a few more minutes and then I'll wake him up to eat." "Then what is it that you need help with?" He asked with his brow raised. I handed him YoonGi's phone. He took it. Seeing it lit up, he noticed that it wasn't my phone. "Is this YoonGi Hyung's phone?" NamJoon questioned.

6 missed calls Jay
10 missed text messages Jay

     NamJoon could see the notifications lit up on the screen. "That asshole is still contacting him?" NamJoon asked as he handed the phone back. "Yes. I haven't looked at any of the messages but it is driving me crazy that he is still blowing up his phone. I mean Hyungie broke it off. He even told him, himself that they were done the last time they talked. What if he comes back around? What if Hyungie is pressured to take him back? What if he actually goes back to him? I... I just...." "Breathe Kook." NamJoon spoke as he stood up and placed his hand on my shoulder. "I know you love him. We all know you love him. Have you talked to him about how you feel?" *sigh* "Sort of. I mean I know its too soon after Jay and he's going to therapy to help with things. Hyung, he doesn't trust me enough yet and after the whole him thinking Tae and I were a thing... I feel like all of Hyungie's problems now are my fault. What if he blames me too?" I couldn't help but ramble off.

     "JungKook, no one blames you. You both didn't communicate back then and it caused different reactions from both of you. You both made choices. YoonGi is just trying to figure out how to live with the choices he made. It sucks for both of you and we all know that YoonGi Hyung doesn't deserve what happend or how he was treated. You guys will figure it out." NamJoon spoke so calmly. I exhaled. "I just. I don't understand why he chose Jay." I spoke through gritted teeth. "I mean he was with him for so long. I mean he was with him for like 9 months. We all know Hyungie doesn't put up with crap from anyone and he was always so picky when it came to dating, so why? Why him?" My voice was shaky and broke at the end. My head dropped and all I could look at was Hyungie's phone being held tightly in my hands.

     NamJoon knelt down in front of me. "I'm not sure why he stayed as long as he did but I can honestly tell you he was never in love with him. Not the way he has always been in love with you. He thought he had lost you. He was doing his best to cope with that. You know he tends to put all of us before himself. He has always taken care of us quietly and he tends to try to distract himself, I know he usually buries himself in his music and locks himself in his studio but we all pushed him to get out and meet people. They genuinely seemed to be having fun at first. I guess Jay didn't show his true colors until after they started getting closer. By then Hyung probably felt trapped and wanted to figure things out himself."

NamJoon's POV

     I could see JungKook staring at YoonGi's phone. HoSeok and I had been feeling guilty about pushing YoonGi to start dating. At the time we all thought the same thing. We all believed JungKook and TaeHyung were in a relationship together and we hated seeing how hurt and tortured YoonGi was. We thought maybe if YoonGi started seeing someone else, anyone else, then maybe he could get over his feelings for JungKook. Unfortunately, YoonGi was against the idea for years until Jay came around. Jay was the one to initiated contact and he was persistent for almost 3 years, since before we had left for our military service. We knew YoonGi didn't feel the same about him but they did seem to get along and talked a lot about music. At first things seemed good but after a while Jay seemed to change and for some reason YoonGi stuck around. *sigh*

     "JungKookie, I'm not sure anything that I say to you will make you feel any better about the situation. All I can suggest is that you are there for Hyung. Be there for him. Support him. Right now he has to relearn to trust, not just others but himself too. Be patient with him and trust him. He has gone through a lot physically and now he's going through a lot emotionally. We all know he has a hard time with expressing his emotions. We also know that he feels things very deeply. He knows we are here for him if he needs us and we've seen him make improvements lately. Talk to him. Be open with him. Show him that you trust him." I looked JungKook in the eyes before I spoke again. "I know this is hard. If this is something you can't do or you don't want then we will all understand and its better for you to stop now but, if this is really what you want, if YoonGi is still the man you are in love with then you will have to be strong for him until he can be strong on his own. Just don't push too hard, okay?"

     JungKook started to smile lightly. "Thanks Hyung. I understand. I know none of this will be easy but if in the end there is a chance that I can be with Hyungie then I will do it. Even if I can't, as long as he can be happy again then I will be here for him in anyway he will allow me." I could hear JungKook exhale slowly before he stood up and looked me in the eyes. "Thank you again Hyung." And with that he left my room. 'I really hope those two end up together. They love each other so much and they both deserve nothing but happiness.'