Chapter 16: Bed Rest

It was two days of laying on my bed, trying desperately to keep my cries and gasping quite when I moved slightly. Laughing, sneezing or coughing sent daggers through my side. Newt was diligent in handling the meds, he over lapped the dosages just enough I never felt the full extent of the pain. Newt was also the only one, along with Jeff, to help me get up and use the bathroom. The first few times was a little awkward. But honestly, I got over it pretty quick. Jeff was very professional and Newt was Newt...I never felt uncomfortable around him.

I wasn't boarded. I had Fred, Newt, Frypan, Alby, Minho, Jeff sometimes Clint and Vinny visiting constantly, bringing food, water, pain medications, ice and just to sit and chat.

I heard from Fred that Gally, Newt and Alby had pulled each guy, alone, into the council hall from the work sight and grill them. Apparently, Lee and Dave- the guy from the roof couldn't hack the questioning and told them the truth about what happened almost right away.

Dave and Lee had two days in the slammer and the other guy got four days. Lee was on thin ice, if there was another work place accident under his watch, he was fired and sent to work as a slopper.

As I lay on my bed for the third day, ice wrapped around my ribs, my mind wandered to Gally, and if he was going to stop by. I still felt my heart rate pick up when I thought about what happened. I was still obviously pissed off at him. Still angry and hurt with how he handled the situation he had to physically see the damage- the bruising and swelling- and have a bunch of guys berate him to take me seriously...but I still oddly wanted to see him.

I thought for a second, maybe...is this a weird twisted abusive relationship? But mentally smacked myself...what relationship? We didn't have anything. Sure he was good looking, and I saw glimpses of the kind boy, but his mind wasn't stable. And it wasn't like he was hurting me or manipulating me. We just...butted heads and he made me want to punch his beautiful face.

I was busy thinking about that dense headed boy when there was a knock on the open door. A freshly showered Minho sauntered in.

"Hey Tiger. Oh no no, please don't get up for me!" He sassed, with a wide smirk on his face.

"Wasn't planning on it shuck face!"

He smirked but it slipped off his face into a series look. "How's those ribs feeling?"

"Medium rare. Don't tell Winston or Fry, I'd end up being BBQ'd."

Minho chuckled again, and flopped onto Newt's bed. I gingerly sat up, holding my ribs with one hand. I cocked an eyebrow at him and smirked.

"So. Did ya run fast? Run safe?" I asked.

"You know I did." He pointed a finger at me.

"I know I'm not supposed to ask if you found anything. So I won't ask you that." I smirked at him.

He chuckled again, and again his smirk slid off his face, it was a serious thoughtful expression.

"Ran an extra corridor. We're exploring a bit deeper, a little more further."

I hummed. He looked at the ceiling and ran a hand through his hair.

"Hey, Tiger?" He asked.

"Yes Minho?"

"You're not a big fan of being in the Glade, ya?"

I snorted, but winced, holding my ribs.

"That, my dear man, is an understatement."

He hummed and nodded. He shifted so he was sprawled more on Newt's bed.

"I have a proposition for you." He lifted his head off Newt's pillow and looked at me.