Chapter 13

Adira

Holding Cells, Agent Compound Velocity

Adira was already so accustomed to being out of her cell for once, that being thrown back into hers feels like a second punishment.

"You're back. I expected you to die."

Oh, for Fuck's sake, that Fucker.

That she didn't miss.

"Well, you'd have liked to see that, huh, you dickhead?", she teases.

She could swear she hears him shrug right then.

"Who was the target?", he asks.

Adira snorts. "God, I wish I could say it was you but here we are and your fucking mouth still didn't decide to fall shut."

There is a moment of silence, as if her words actually made him quiet down for once.

Which would be a surprise.

"There was indeed no food yet.", Connor suddenly states from his cell.

"And? Been complaining much then. You won't starve.", Adira sighs and slumps back to the ground in the corner of her cell – like she was sat a few hours ago.

"Your mission probably was something shitty, like... I don't know, killing a dog? Yeah, you'd be cruel enough to harm animals too."

Agent Blue's words make her scoff.

"I didn't. Why in the fuck am I even talking to you? Your dumb brain can't handle m-"

"Well, you fucked up one mission before, so-"

Two. It's been two. But he doesn't need to know that, too, to use against her.

"So what?!"

Adira stands up and paces through her cell – as much the restriction of the chain around her ankle allows her to.

"I'm just saying, I won't be dealt with so easy.", her enemy mumbles.

What does he mean?

Why does she care?

Silence spreads over the two cells again, and Adira exhales tired.

She sits back down and rests her hands on her hands – and she eventually is down in a daze.

~

A harsh sound appearing from Agent Blue's cell bars tears Adira out of her light sleep, as if he is trying to rip them out of the foundation.

„Dude, stop! You'll alarm the guards.", Adira warns as she groggily rubs her eyes and struggles to get up. Then she walks over to see what the commotion is about.

He doesn't bother.

„Stop it, you Fucktard! Or else everyone will be alerted!"

Still no response.

„You are fucked!", she yells at him again, her hands closed to fists.

„Let's be real here, we both are."

With that, he lets go of the cell bars.

Adira throws up her hands in frustration, wishing Agent Blue could see it.

„Great, you fucked us both. Good luck dealing with the guards next."

Speaking of which, the steel doors open again, followed by loud screams.

That... is not what usually happens?

Said guard walks out in front, shining his flashlight through the darkness along the rows of cells.