Chapter 17

"Your goal is to gather intel. We will need it later."

Adira nods. Bill had ordered her here, after she was allowed to take a shower and got dressed in her usual Agent uniform.

"It won't be long, but it's important. Especially for your next mission."

Bill's words make her think.

What would her next mission be?

Her mentor hands her a file.

She skims the text.

CODE Eavesdrop #22451

Location: Smoke'N Rum Bar

File Number: CLASSIFIED
Targets: Johnson (blue cap), Cole (leather jacket)
Association: Smuggle

Objective: Eavesdrop conversation for intel

An eavesdropping mission – that should be easy.

"We will have to change your perception a little. The life in the cells seems to have... changed you," Bill notes.

"Details in the file, go."

With that, Adira is dismissed.

~

"Is that really necessary?" Adira sighs as she inspects herself in the mirror, tugging at a strand of blonde hair of the wig they forced on her head.

"Yes," the stylist huffs from behind her.

This is bullshit. A sweater with a hood would work too.

After the stylist is done, Adira looks at her complexion. She has blonde hair now – it looks a little too similar to Connor's, which internally makes her want to tear off this wig immediately – and she is wearing a dark red sweater and silver hoop earrings.

In other words, this outfit and look makes her stand out even more than it would if she dressed normally.

This will be tough.