Ch. 33 The Truth

Começar do início

She picked her dupatta to cover herself out of habit and peeked from the balcony only to find Rehan's car parked inside the compound along with Viraat's. She quickly ran downstairs and was greeted with the sight of Rehan's figure leaning on Viraat.

"What happened to him? Is he injured?" The only thing she's scared of is her husband's temper. She has seen him turning into a complete different person after getting angry.

"He's drunk." She turned to analyse him. Indeed he was drunk. Alcohol was reeking from his body and clothes. She opened her mouth to investigate further but Viraat beat her to it.

"Let's take him to room first. If Bua dadi saw him like this, she will kill both of us with Mandakini."

"Mandakini??"

"Her ancestral sword." He explained gaining an eye roll from Kritika.

They both held Rehan from either sides and took him to the room. Viraat casually threw his body on the bed forgetting the fact that his left arm was wrapped around Kritika's shoulder, who fell flat on her face over the bed.

She unhooked Rehan's arm before sitting on bed and throwing the nearby cushion on Viraat's face. He startled at the hit but apologized rapidly on realising his mistake.

"Sorry.... I am... i am really sorry. I forgot he isn't single anymore." She huffed angrily before replying an it's okay. Her eyes travelled back to Rehan's sleeping face.

The glowing look was now replaced by tiredness. And his hairs.... they turned into a bird's nest. Somewhere in her heart she knew, she was the reason behind his condition.

He was still in his kurta pajama from the event which was all wrinkled and slightly dirty now. Her guilt was increasing noticing his appearance. God knows how more it will increase when he will reveal the truth.

"He isn't a bad person. It's just that.... he sometimes behave like an ullu ka pattha." She heard Viraat speaking.

He came forward and kept his hand on her head out of affection.

"I won't say he isn't wrong.... when he is. All I'm just asking you to give him a chance. Listen to him. Hmm??" She gave him a nod in return.

"I'll take my leave now. Take care of yourself and please watch over this dawg for me." He joked to which Kritika smiled lightly before bobbing her head up and down.

He was about to pass the door when he heard Kritika speaking from behind.

"Can we talk for a moment?"

Upon getting his approval, she adjusted Rehan properly on bed and moved towards the balcony accompanied by Viraat.

"Can you tell me the truth?" She asked leaning on the railings.

"It's Rehan's job to do that. So I would suggest you to wait for him."

"I know but.... I won't be able to sleep peacefully until I get hold on the truth."

"Kritika you sh-"

"Please Viraat Bhai...." She displayed her best puppy eyes to him.

"Ye Bhai bolke na..... tum ladkiyan humara sahi vala emotional fool banati ho. Trump Card hai ye tum logon ka, nahi??" She let out a giggle at his words.

( By calling us brother..... you girls make such a nice emotional fool out of us. It's the Trump Card of you guys, no?? )

"Well then.... Ask what you want, because I have a lot to tell." He replied imitating her posture and leaning over the railings.