🦴Barnaby x Reader🖋️

Requested by: no one!

Category:

•fluff

Enjoy!

It was a peaceful night. You stood outside your home, leaning on the wooden railing on your porch. You stare up at the stars, your mind going to all sorts of places as you stare.

Suddenly your pulled from your thoughts as a familiar voice calls out to you. You look around before spotting Barnaby as he walks up to your wooden railing.

"Heya y/n."
Barnaby says causally.
Ahh Barnaby, your little crush.
As soon as you'd seen him you'd fallen for him.
But who wouldn't? He's friendly, laid back, and knows how to make you laugh.

"Hey Barnaby."
You reply. Barnaby leans on your railing from the opposite side.
"Watcha doin out so late?"
Barnaby smiles softly.
"I could say the same thing to you."

You reply. "I asked first."
Barnaby winks. You roll your eyes, blushing softly at his wink. You let out a soft sigh.
"I figured that now would be the perfect time to see the stars, considering it's dark out and there aren't any city lights blocking them."

Barnaby nods. "Now what are you doing out this late?"
You ask. Barnaby chuckles before answering.
"I just felt like taking a little stroll during the night. Maybe say hello to our neighbors if I see them."

You nod in response.
"Fair enough."
You shift your gaze back to the stars. Barnaby also looks to the stars.
"Ever wonder what's out there?"
Barnaby asks.

"All the time." You reply. There's a moment of silence, leaving the both of you with your thoughts. Your mind wanders to Barnaby since he's literally right in front of you.

Tonight is a good night. Maybe you could tell him about your feelings...but at the same time, what if he doesn't like you the same way?
Then you'll just end up embarrassing yourself.

You'd be the laughing stock of the neighborhood. And every interaction with Barnaby would be weird afterward. You'd probably have to flee the neighborhood.

You let out a slightly frustrated sigh. Barnaby picks up on this and moves his gaze to you.
"Something wrong neighbor?"
Barnaby asks. "No, it's nothing."

Barnaby's brows furrow slightly. "Come on Y/n, you can tell me."
You let out another sigh. Maybe you should just tell him the truth......or..

Perhaps you could tell him the truth but simply...twist it a little..
You speak.
"It's..my crush."
You mumble embarrassedly.
Barnaby's eyes light up slightly.

"Oh? And who's the lucky neighbor?" Barnaby smirks.
"Im not telling you."
You grumble. Barnaby chuckles in response. "Fair. Well at least tell me what's troubling you about them."

You think for a moment but nod. "I just...I want to tell him how I feel but I don't know if I can. I'm scared that he doesn't feel the same way.."
Barnaby frowns.

"I see. Why don't you describe this neighbor to me, then maybe I can tell you what you should do for that type of person. How's that sound?"

You hesitate before nodding.
"Great! Now tell me about this lucky guy~" Barnaby teases.
You roll your eyes but start describing him.

"Well he's very friendly and laid back. He playful and always knows how to make me laugh."
You blush a little as you describe him.
Barnaby smiles smugly, his tail wagging happily.

"Go on..."
You consider telling him about how he chases Eddie but figure that would be too obvious. You look back to the stars.
"I-..I don't know how else to describe him. He's just..perfect."
You mumble.

Barnaby nods. "It sounds like you like this guy a lot."
You nod.
"I...I don't think I'm crushing on him anymore..I love him.."
Barnaby smiles wider at your words. His tail wags excitedly, seeing you be so passionate about someone.

"I would die for him.."
You mumble under your breath. However Barnaby hears and his eyes widen. "Really? You love him that much?"
You blush at your own words.
"Of course, he's my whole world. I love him so much. I don't really know what id do without him....without you."

You mumble the last part under your breath. However, Barnaby once again hears, but decides to make sure he heard you right.
"...you don't know what you'd do without me?"

Your face flushes more but you figure it's now or never. If you don't say it now you never will.
You look back to Barnaby.
"..Barnaby I..I love you. I've loved you since I met and I-...I was wondering if you liked me too."

Barnaby stares at you for a moment before taking your hands into his. He stares at you softly. "I don't like you, I love you. I've liked you since we first interacted." Your face fully reddens at his words.

"Would you-..wanna go out some time? Get some ice cream or something?"
Barnaby smiles happily.
"..yeah, that'd be nice. How does Friday sound?"
You notice a blush on Barnaby's cheeks.

You nod happily. "Yeah, that's perfect for me."
"Perfect.."
Barnaby smiles wider. He lets go of your hands.
"I'll see you then~ night."
Barnaby begins walking away.

"G-goodnight Barnaby.."
You smile widely, excited for your date with Barnaby.

[the end]

No note for this one. Just see you in the next one!