8: The unwanted touch

Start from the beginning

"Who the fuck would like to kiss you?!" He frowns when I moved him away.

"You didn't care about it when you were flirting with me?" he laughs. I don't think he's even hurt. I mean why would he like to be kissed by me. He isn't in love with me. He was just flirting.

Control your emotions, Zoya.

"You don't bath for days, asshole!" I made a disgusting face and turned around, but stopped when he grabs my arm and makes me look at him. "But you're so stubborn that you won't admit you prayed for this asshole." I couldn't help but stare at him because he left me speechless.

"It's not like I can't pray for my husband." I mocked him. His lips slowly curve into a small smile, and I see a whole galaxy in his eyes. It's the softest gaze. 

My whole world stops when Nischay leans closer and presses his lips upon my forehead. "And it's not like I can't flirt with my wife." 

He moves back and his hands slowly reach the back of my neck. His lethal breath flints my neck to fire as he leans closer. My heart skips a beat, and my eyes fall close when I feel his lips against my cheek. He kisses my cheek. His lips are something that I want to feel forever. Wet, soft and delicate. 

Why not the lips?

He stays there for a second and then moves away. I see him smiling, and he's blushing too. "You know, you can never win from me, wifey." A corrupted smirk decorates his beautiful lips. I was too busy staring at him when he reached out his hand and grabs his towel from the closet behind me. He winks to me and leaves me alone in the closet.

I hate how much I wanted this kiss to last.
I hate how much I wanted him to stay.
I hate how my heart is falling again.

_______

Dad said that the reception will be held tomorrow. Even though I'm not ready to face anyone after what has happened, I will still have to. A whole press and media will be there in party tomorrow. His friends and relatives and everyone from my and his family will be there. What if someone asks about my and Rudra's relationship? How would I answer them?

Am I really ready to face everyone and move on from my past?

"Are you not ready yet?" My thoughts break when Nischay hugs me from behind, nuzzling his face into my shoulder. I looked at him through the mirror. I think he was right. I shouldn't have said yes to dad. I was too excited yesterday but now, just the night before the party, I am tensed.

So tensed that thirty minutes have passed since I sat to get ready, but I couldn't keep myself sane. Nischay's uncle is arriving here today with his family. He told me I had to change as I was wearing my night dress. I had to get ready, but I drowned myself in stupid thoughts.

"I'm sorry. I just-
I panicked and moved away from him. "Zoya-
He's calling me calmly but I'm going crazy and I'm just trying to grab the saree mom gave me and-

"Calm down." I stop when Nischay holds me in his arms. My breathing becomes uneasy. I'm not mad. I'm not insane. It's my anxiety that I panic and act like crazy even at minor things.

I looked down not getting any breathe. I feel like rubbing my hands. But all of my thoughts vanish when Nischay engulfs me in his arms. I feel his warmth immediately and wrapped my arms around him. He rubs my back up and down and pats my head to ease me. I don't know what I'd do without him.

"What is it?" He says softly and lifts my chip up to look at him. I stare at him without saying a word. Probably because I didn't know what I was afraid of.

"It's okay if you're not ready yet, Zoya. I'm not going to force things on you." I don't get a word he is saying but I know he is comforting me. "You don't need to meet then if you don't want to, okay?" I shake my head looking at him. He is definitely sensing something wrong. "It's not like that I'm just nervous about tomorrow."